The Student Room Group

stressing

currently in y12 studying bio chem psych. want to do dentistry at uni. my mocks are in 2 weeks ( in which those grades will be used to apply to uni) and i need at least AAA. still have not properly started and it feels like nothing is going into my brain- i'm setting myself up for failure and im getting overloaded with content- feels like everyone else is doing fine tho- i just dont want to be that person that did bad in their mocks- it hasnt happened to anyone we know so it will be so embarrassing if it does. ik there are worse things but i rlly need good grades in these and everyone thinks im going to do well. its not fun. my school is rlly high achieving so everyone around me is crazy studious too. i dont mind taking a gap year or whatever but id rather that happen during the application process than now. everyones like just try ur best but i rlly cant be bothered. feels like theres no point. at the same time, ik i can do it and ik im smart and do rlly well but im just so lazy. feels like somethings wrong with me cos im so privileged and i have all the 'equipment' but im not using it. ppl would kill to me in my position and here i am complaining about it. feel trapped. sorry for kind of trauma dumping i literally have nowhere else to go. any advice (that isnt just try ur hardest youll be great u wont regret trying ur best 😍😍- i mean genuine advice for how im feeling) or anyone in a similar situation? thanks
Reply 1
You're probably spending all of your free time revising, which doesn't help at all. Try to take more breaks when you feel stressed out or bored - when you're relaxed you'll notice it works better. What sort of revision are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by Doomotron
You're probably spending all of your free time revising, which doesn't help at all. Try to take more breaks when you feel stressed out or bored - when you're relaxed you'll notice it works better. What sort of revision are you doing?

its actually the complete opposite- ive done literally nothing- ive done a few questions here and there and memorised some stuff but that's it 😭 my bio exam is now on monday and ive yet to cover over half the paper
Original post by Anonymous
its actually the complete opposite- ive done literally nothing- ive done a few questions here and there and memorised some stuff but that's it 😭 my bio exam is now on monday and ive yet to cover over half the paper

I'm a med student and in year 12 I was getting ABD! it's easy to panic but remember there's still the whole of year 13 to improve your grades. I know you might need predicted grades but if you don't get them, just focus on real grades and maybe reapply! It will all work out I promise.

Quick Reply

Latest