The Student Room Group

Can I get full marks for writing the correct answer with no working out?

there was a simultaneous equation question that came up in my gcse exam today and i used my calculator to get the answer. it said use algebra to solve the question. i think it was 4 marks.
Reply 1
Chances are no, if it specifically told you to do it a certain way and you just used your scientific calculator to solve the equations for you then you’ll be lucky to get 1 mark. They tell you to use algebra because they know the calculator can solve it for you so they want to see you actually know how to do it properly.
Reply 2
Original post by KingOmz
there was a simultaneous equation question that came up in my gcse exam today and i used my calculator to get the answer. it said use algebra to solve the question. i think it was 4 marks.

No, you didn’t do what they asked you to do.
Reply 3
Original post by Euapp
No, you didn’t do what they asked you to do.

Original post by ALEreapp
Chances are no, if it specifically told you to do it a certain way and you just used your scientific calculator to solve the equations for you then you’ll be lucky to get 1 mark. They tell you to use algebra because they know the calculator can solve it for you so they want to see you actually know how to do it properly.

easy 4 marks down the drain :frown:. thx for responding.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by KingOmz

no you can't x
Reply 5
Original post by KingOmz
easy 4 marks down the drain :frown:. thx for responding.

Sorry, but I’m sure that you’ve done well elsewhere so don’t dwell on it too much, just concentrate on your other exams. It’s a lesson learnt for the future.

Quick Reply

Latest