The Student Room Group

can i get special consideration for my a level?

Yesterday during my A Level geography AQA paper 2 exam, my laptop immediately didn't work / I couldn't type as a tab kept flashing up. It took them 15 minutes in to the exam for me to get another laptop and set it up. I only got 5 minutes of extra time however. I asked why and they said because as I was waiting for my laptop (the exam had started) I opened the paper and jotted some ideas before typing it up. It also doesn't say this is a rule in the JCQ handbook anywhere?? If I had known by doing this I wouldn't get extra time I wouldn't do it. they didn't tell me this until after. I then didn't finish my exam and am worried it will affect my grade. I don't think its fair that my class got a whole extra ten minutes to type except me. Can I report this to AQA or will they not give a ****
(edited 10 months ago)
the best is not to panic.

I do GCSE and not A-Leves. In My English Language I have a computer reader. In my mock exam the my computer crashed suddenly twice. The school stooped the clock and restated it when the computer was working again. My exams department said if it happens in the real exams I will get 2 extra marks.

Quick Reply

Latest