geo - a star
bio - a
french - a
history - b
math - b
physics - b

these were my scores for gcse and i am currently in year 12 doing a levels

i am doing geography, epq, english lit , drama, econ

so far i have been getting a stars in all of them apart from econ in which i get a's

i want to apply to LSE for international relations - however i believe that my history gcse is holding me back - i was sick on the day with a stomach flu and got accepted for special consideration.

will they reject me for having a b in history as it is very competitive.

my epq is also history based and i am doing very well in it
Reply 1
LSE international relations requires 'A strong set of GCSE grades including the majority at A (or 7) and A* (or 8-9)' so having 3 B's in general might be a setback.

Personally, I was rejected from LSE for history, even with a 9 at GCSE, and predicted A*AA (A in history), due to my personal statement being weaker. LSE is obviously very competitive, but you might have a chance with your current grades and if your personal statement is good enough. I think it's worth a shot, as long as your other options are realistic.
Reply 2
Original post by yangoe
LSE international relations requires 'A strong set of GCSE grades including the majority at A (or 7) and A* (or 8-9)' so having 3 B's in general might be a setback.

Personally, I was rejected from LSE for history, even with a 9 at GCSE, and predicted A*AA (A in history), due to my personal statement being weaker. LSE is obviously very competitive, but you might have a chance with your current grades and if your personal statement is good enough. I think it's worth a shot, as long as your other options are realistic.

if i tell them that i was sick on the gcses when submitting my results - do you think they would take that into consideration
Reply 3
Original post by student300009
if i tell them that i was sick on the gcses when submitting my results - do you think they would take that into consideration

I don't know much about special consideration stuff sorry, but I'd assume they would. The information should be available on the LSE website, or you could ask support staff at school about it

Quick Reply

Latest