The Student Room Group

Uni advice - construction project managers

I’m interested in studying construction project management in university however I’m unsure as to which university to opt for. I’m fully aware all my criteria can’t be ticked off, which is ok however for any students that possibly do this course or even a degree apprenticeship I want to know your experiences, as I may not be able to make it to all the open days I want.

My top pick was Sheffield Hallam which seems most achievable and realistic due to the grades I’ve been getting so far.

UCL was also an option as it has integrated masters which I really like and I feel like after my course I will start off my career strong due to the nature of its academic environment

I was also looking at Salford, Aston, University of West London, Coventry and Plymouth

I’m interested in
- How individuals find the course in the particular university?
- What is the diversity like?
- How is the nightlife?
- Do lecturers provide support if necessary?
- What are the accommodations like?
- Why did you decide to pick this university over others?
As well as for those that may have already finished the course how long did it take to find a job after graduating?

I’m in year 12 and i do a levels and my grades aren’t the best but not the worst I’m averaging C’s throughout my subjects, although UCL seems like the best bet I feel like I shouldn’t bother applying because I probably won’t get in. However, it’s almost time to start applying to university so any information will be appreciated, thanks :smile:
Original post by jem.i27
I’m interested in studying construction project management in university however I’m unsure as to which university to opt for. I’m fully aware all my criteria can’t be ticked off, which is ok however for any students that possibly do this course or even a degree apprenticeship I want to know your experiences, as I may not be able to make it to all the open days I want.

My top pick was Sheffield Hallam which seems most achievable and realistic due to the grades I’ve been getting so far.

UCL was also an option as it has integrated masters which I really like and I feel like after my course I will start off my career strong due to the nature of its academic environment

I was also looking at Salford, Aston, University of West London, Coventry and Plymouth

I’m interested in
- How individuals find the course in the particular university?
- What is the diversity like?
- How is the nightlife?
- Do lecturers provide support if necessary?
- What are the accommodations like?
- Why did you decide to pick this university over others?
As well as for those that may have already finished the course how long did it take to find a job after graduating?

I’m in year 12 and i do a levels and my grades aren’t the best but not the worst I’m averaging C’s throughout my subjects, although UCL seems like the best bet I feel like I shouldn’t bother applying because I probably won’t get in. However, it’s almost time to start applying to university so any information will be appreciated, thanks :smile:

You don't have to apply until early January, which gives you time to get your grades up. That said, UCL is an AAA course unless you are eligible for a contextual offer of ABB. Perhaps UCL might be a postgraduate option?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
You don't have to apply until early January, which gives you time to get your grades up. That said, UCL is an AAA course unless you are eligible for a contextual offer of ABB. Perhaps UCL might be a postgraduate option?

Very true. I guess I’m just thinking in advance and weighing out possible options. I definitely will consider UCL as a postgrad option, thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending