The Student Room Group

Loans for BSc Nursing

Good evening,

I would like to study Nursing next year Sept 2024. My current choice is Oxford Brookes, Swindon.

I have previous degrees and I am an EU person with settled status.

My first question is if will qualify for tuition and maintenance loans based on this information.

I would also like to know if the funding would be available regardles of whether full time or part time study is undertaken.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me. I have searched around and can't find the answer which takes all the factors into account.
Original post by MHStudent12
Good evening,

I would like to study Nursing next year Sept 2024. My current choice is Oxford Brookes, Swindon.

I have previous degrees and I am an EU person with settled status.

My first question is if will qualify for tuition and maintenance loans based on this information.

I would also like to know if the funding would be available regardles of whether full time or part time study is undertaken.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me. I have searched around and can't find the answer which takes all the factors into account.

Hi there,

Nursing is an exception, which means you'll be entitled to the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans regardless of your previous study.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Thank you Greame,

Could you please tell me if this also applies for EU person with settled status? And are the loans available for both full time and part time study?

Many thanks.
Thank you Greame,

Could you please tell me if this also applies for EU person with settled status? And are the loans available for both full time and part time study?

Many thanks.

That's right, yes - since you have Settled Status these rules apply to you, rest assured.

Nursing is also an exception when studied part-time, so you'll get the Tuition Fee Loan for a part-time course. Also, you should be entitled to a Maintenance Loan so long as you're not studying distance learning.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
That's right, yes - since you have Settled Status these rules apply to you, rest assured.

Nursing is also an exception when studied part-time, so you'll get the Tuition Fee Loan for a part-time course. Also, you should be entitled to a Maintenance Loan so long as you're not studying distance learning.

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.

Can I just make 100% sure that ALL previous study is disregarded. No matter where you studied, how many degrees or at what level?

I just want to be totally sure before I proceed as I can't apply for finance until next year March I believe for a Sept 24 start.
Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.

Can I just make 100% sure that ALL previous study is disregarded. No matter where you studied, how many degrees or at what level?

I just want to be totally sure before I proceed as I can't apply for finance until next year March I believe for a Sept 24 start.

Hi,
Yes, previous study is disregarded as Nursing is one or our exception courses.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi,
Yes, previous study is disregarded as Nursing is one or our exception courses.

Thanks,
Claire

Thank you Claire.
Thank you Claire.

You're welcome! If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 8
Original post by Graeme SFE
You're welcome! If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

It is much appreciated, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending