The Student Room Group

Medicine Second Degree

Hello all,

I am studing BSc in nursing. After I qualify, I want to apply for the graduate entry to medicine at the University of Warwick. I now realise my passion lies with diagnosing and treatment of diseases. I will continue the nursing degree as it is serving as experience to broaden my knowledge and skills.

However, will tuition costs be covered for the 4 years? And will I be able to apply for maintenance loans again?

Many thanks,

Maria S.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Maria.Sierra
Hello all,

I am studing BSc in nursing. After I qualify, I want to apply for the graduate entry to medicine at the University of Warwick. I now realise my passion lies with diagnosing and treatment of diseases. I will continue the nursing degree as it is serving as experience to broaden my knowledge and skills.

However, will tuition costs be covered for the 4 years? And will I be able to apply for maintenance loans again?

Many thanks,

Maria S.

Hi Maria,

The funding will work as below for Graduate entry medicine 4 year course.

Tuition Fees
Year 1 The student will have to self fund the first £3,465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,785.

Years 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535.

Maintenance Funding
Year 1 The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants, They are not eligible for a Maintenance Grant.

Years 2-4 The student can apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to SFE for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan.

Thanks,
Claire
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending