The Student Room Group

2nd degree funding nursing

Hi, about 10 years ago I studied nursing but did not complete the degree, instead leaving with a BSc in Health Studies. I have applied to go back to uni to study nursing again in September, I had been told previously that as it is an exception course I would be entitled to tuition fee and maintenance loan, despite studying the same course previously as I didn't complete the course or become registered as a nurse.

This morning I have had a letter from SFE saying that As the qualification
you’ll get from your new course is the same level as the qualification you
already hold you won’t get full student finance for your course and I won't get any tuition fee or maintenance loan.

Is this correct?
Original post by RuddyDuck
Hi, about 10 years ago I studied nursing but did not complete the degree, instead leaving with a BSc in Health Studies. I have applied to go back to uni to study nursing again in September, I had been told previously that as it is an exception course I would be entitled to tuition fee and maintenance loan, despite studying the same course previously as I didn't complete the course or become registered as a nurse.

This morning I have had a letter from SFE saying that As the qualification
you’ll get from your new course is the same level as the qualification you
already hold you won’t get full student finance for your course and I won't get any tuition fee or maintenance loan.

Is this correct?

Hi there, We can look into this further for you, please call us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Thought I would update this incase anyone reading is in a similar situation studying an exception course after already studying it (as I know this can be common with nursing and other health subjects), I spoke to an advisor on the phone who was confused but felt I was entitled so it was sent off to be reassessed again and I have now been approved for tuition fees and maintenance loan so will be starting my uni course next week 🙂
Original post by RuddyDuck
Thought I would update this incase anyone reading is in a similar situation studying an exception course after already studying it (as I know this can be common with nursing and other health subjects), I spoke to an advisor on the phone who was confused but felt I was entitled so it was sent off to be reassessed again and I have now been approved for tuition fees and maintenance loan so will be starting my uni course next week 🙂

Hi there, That is great news. please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any further help. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending