The Student Room Group

Nursing, student finance, exception course

Hi,

I was studying adult nursing but due to health reasons I could not complete my hours and be signed off, it is now to late to finish, this has left me 20 credits short. I passed all of my academic work for years 1, 2 & 3 so I will be awarded a Bsc in Health and Social Care Studies (also known as ordinary degree) I still want to qualify as a nurse but nmc guidelines stop me from entering year 3 I have to repeat year 2 again as well.

I need to know if I apply to start years 2 & 3 again, will this still be classed as an exception course? I understand I cant apply for funding for an exception course if its a subject I already have a qualification in but my qualification will be Bsc in Health and Social care studies not a Bsc Hons in Adult Nursing. So would I be eligible for tuition fee loan and maintenance loan?

Thank you
Original post by Bow88
Hi,

I was studying adult nursing but due to health reasons I could not complete my hours and be signed off, it is now to late to finish, this has left me 20 credits short. I passed all of my academic work for years 1, 2 & 3 so I will be awarded a Bsc in Health and Social Care Studies (also known as ordinary degree) I still want to qualify as a nurse but nmc guidelines stop me from entering year 3 I have to repeat year 2 again as well.

I need to know if I apply to start years 2 & 3 again, will this still be classed as an exception course? I understand I cant apply for funding for an exception course if its a subject I already have a qualification in but my qualification will be Bsc in Health and Social care studies not a Bsc Hons in Adult Nursing. So would I be eligible for tuition fee loan and maintenance loan?

Thank you

Hi there,

Yes, if you are not registered in the field, you would be eligible as nursing is an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your reply. Would I just apply for usual undergraduate loans as if its my first degree and it will automatically accept the application as its an exception course. I've read a few comments about applications being declined because of computer error etc
Original post by Bow88
Thank you so much for your reply. Would I just apply for usual undergraduate loans as if its my first degree and it will automatically accept the application as its an exception course. I've read a few comments about applications being declined because of computer error etc

Hi there,

Yes, that's right - you should apply for undergraduate funding online.

Our system will pick up that this is an exception course, rest assured. If it doesn't for any reason let us know.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Yes, that's right - you should apply for undergraduate funding online.

Our system will pick up that this is an exception course, rest assured. If it doesn't for any reason let us know.

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you
Original post by Bow88
Thank you

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending