The Student Room Group

A Levels - BCE

So my intention was to do computer science at university, my predicted was ABB I applied for courses with BCC entry thinking it would be ok. Long story short, I am just slow, and don't do well in exams. I am now battling to get an E in physics. I've done all I can (ie in terms of revision past papers etc, but I just can't do well in exams, but have somehow achieved full marks on coursework). I cannot afford to resit nor could I see me doing better - Naturally this is the best I'm going to manage.

What can I do with BCE, willing to go to any university, but needs to be primarily coursework assessed. I'm not too sure if I can afford a foundation year, but just looking for options at this point
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
i’m in a similar position but rn, i would say just try your hardest for your other exams and then wait till results day. some unis may be lenient and the uni you applied to will maybe even still accept you (if they’re in clearing)
Hello, I am a Final-Year Computer
Science Student from Lancaster University. At this stage I would also suggest you to try your best on the exams first, and if you can show your passion sometimes universities would still accept you as an incoming student.
Here's a link to the CS course at Lancaster University:
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/computer-science-bsc-hons-g400/
Most of the modules are either 100%, 60% or 40% coursework, and there are different types of assignments so it's not just about coding.
It would also be nice to gain some work experience and apply for an apprenticeship if you want to take a gap year before doing a degree:smile:
All the best!! If you have any questions about the university, the course or other things, feel free to ask our student ambassadors on our university's Unibuddy platform too:smile:

- Miyuki (Lancaster University FST Student Ambassador )

Quick Reply

Latest