The Student Room Group

Changing A level subjects to study economics at university

Hello, I am redoing year 12 due to my poor performance, I got a BCE in business economics and maths in that particular order. I am keen on studying economics at Uni preferably in a top 5-20 ranked university. These poor grades were not due to me being an idiot, I just did not put in the time. I was wondering is switching business for further maths wise for reference I got an 8 in GCSE. I don't mind maths and I am willing to put the time and effort in.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by sayuzT
Hello, I am redoing year 12 due to my poor performance, I got a BCE in business economics and maths in that particular order. I am keen on studying economics at Uni preferably in a top 5-20 ranked university. These poor grades were not due to me being an idiot, I just did not put in the time. I was wondering is switching business for further maths wise for reference I got an 8 in GCSE. I don't love maths though I am willing to put the time and effort in.

Hi there :hi:
Honestly my opinion with A-levels is that if you don't love the subject you are going to have a really hard time doing well in the exam. I would recommend not doing it but checking how that affects any applications to Unis.
My 6 in Further Maths GCSE translated into a A in the end of year exam (A* predicted grade) and a B at A Level, so you could very well be better switching business for further maths depending on how much you think you will improve in business.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending