The Student Room Group
University of York
York

psychology york 2023

i have applied for york psychology 2023 and know some people who have had offers back from york for different courses but also for psychology and now i'm scared i won't get an offer back from york ! anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

You're reading too much into this! It's still super early to hear back from universities, even if people already have. Just be a bit patient : )
University of York
York
Original post by Scotland Yard
You're reading too much into this! It's still super early to hear back from universities, even if people already have. Just be a bit patient : )

yeah you're right - i think it's easy to get a bit worried and nervous really quickly. thank you though :smile:
Me too, i applied on October 19th for psychology and have heard back from two of my unis. But i heard people have got offers for York so I’m a bit worried
Original post by psychstudent12
i have applied for york psychology 2023 and know some people who have had offers back from york for different courses but also for psychology and now i'm scared i won't get an offer back from york ! anyone else?

Hi there,

Firstly, it's great to hear that you've applied to York!

Don't worry that you've not had an offer from York just yet, we will be making decisions on applications (made by 25 January 2023) up until May 2023, so you have plenty of time still!

If you would like an update on the status of your application, please email [email protected]

I hope that helps! Best wishes,

Hannah :smile:
Original post by University of York
Hi there,

Firstly, it's great to hear that you've applied to York!

Don't worry that you've not had an offer from York just yet, we will be making decisions on applications (made by 25 January 2023) up until May 2023, so you have plenty of time still!

If you would like an update on the status of your application, please email [email protected]

I hope that helps! Best wishes,

Hannah :smile:

Thank you so much :biggrin: Just super excited to (hopefully) hear back as York is my top <3 thank you!
Thank you so much :biggrin: Just super excited to (hopefully) hear back as York is my top <3 thank you!

I'm glad I could help!

Best wishes, Hannah :smile:

Hi! I recieved a psych offer to York on Friday, so they are getting through them i promise!! I've heard its such a popular course at York and that so many people apply - they must have lots to get through :smile: Keep on waiting - it'll come eventually!! (I found that trying not to religiously watch UCAS helps with the nerves!!)
congrats on your offer!!! when did you actually apply?

Original post by emma85736
Hi! I recieved a psych offer to York on Friday, so they are getting through them i promise!! I've heard its such a popular course at York and that so many people apply - they must have lots to get through :smile: Keep on waiting - it'll come eventually!! (I found that trying not to religiously watch UCAS helps with the nerves!!)
Original post by pollyjayne
congrats on your offer!!! when did you actually apply?

I applied last tues (15) and got the offer on fri (18th) - think i mustve gotten lucky with how they looked at my application as my friend has been waiting over 3 weeks for the same course!!

congrats!! was this for the bsc or the msci psych course?
Original post by dawnglow13
congrats!! was this for the bsc or the msci psych course?

This was the MSci course!!
This was the MSci course!!

that's amazing, well done! i've applied for the bsc and not heard anything yet but i know i have to be patient - just agony!
Reply 13
anyone else get rejected?? im so gutted, really had my heart set on going to york and literally don't want to go anywhere else

i applied with predicted A*A*A on the 11th nov- they just said there were loads of applicants but I'm still a bit confused as to why some people got offers within a few days whilst some of us have waited 4 months? thinking maybe they've already given all the offers out and just run out of places?
Original post by pheeb0
anyone else get rejected?? im so gutted, really had my heart set on going to york and literally don't want to go anywhere else

i applied with predicted A*A*A on the 11th nov- they just said there were loads of applicants but I'm still a bit confused as to why some people got offers within a few days whilst some of us have waited 4 months? thinking maybe they've already given all the offers out and just run out of places?

i got rejected as well with AAA :frown: i looked on UCAS and it said that the course now is only available to international students, so it looks like they’ve filled all the places for british students. i was so shocked to get rejected cause i applied in october and was also so keen to go to york. i emailed admissions and they basically said that it was a competitive course and they had to reject many highly qualified applicants
Reply 15
Original post by pheeb0

Yeah me too- got a rejection email yesterday, my predicted grades are A*A*A and though out of all the unis I applied to that York was the most likely to give me an offer, I guess not haha 😭
i got rejected as well with AAA :frown: i looked on UCAS and it said that the course now is only available to international students, so it looks like they’ve filled all the places for british students. i was so shocked to get rejected cause i applied in october and was also so keen to go to york. i emailed admissions and they basically said that it was a competitive course and they had to reject many highly qualified applicants

where does it say that about international students? sorry about your rejection :/
Reply 17

i’m so sorry that happened to you as well :frown: it’s honestly horrible- wish they had told me sooner as for months i have been so excited to go! where else have you applied to?
Reply 18
Original post by LM005
Yeah me too- got a rejection email yesterday, my predicted grades are A*A*A and though out of all the unis I applied to that York was the most likely to give me an offer, I guess not haha 😭

me too ahh- i really thought out of all the places to be rejected from it wouldn’t be york :frown:
Original post by pheeb0
i’m so sorry that happened to you as well :frown: it’s honestly horrible- wish they had told me sooner as for months i have been so excited to go! where else have you applied to?

i'm still waiting to hear from them! where else have you got offers from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending