The Student Room Group

exam stress😟

had my first exam 2 days ago, can’t stop thinking about the wrong answers i wrote and counting the marks i could’ve lost it’s bothering me sm it didn’t go terrible but i wont know until august.

but aside from that i’m so stressed it feels super suffocating, my exams are so crammed together imo they’re within 16 days and i have 2 exams on the same day twice, being my hardest exams too / idk how to cope
i’ve been studying so hard these past 5 months
i studied for the whole year/2 years of alevels but those 5 months was the most effort i had put in. i studied 10 hours+ this last month, i missed out on going out with friends to study a number of times during the 2 years which i regret, i got tuition for the last year so ill feel even more **** if i don’t get the A, my family expects A*s and i don’t even know if i can get As, i’ve tried so so hard and i don’t think it’s gonna pay off fr, i’m trying to go into medicine and i honestly don’t think i would ever want to do anything but medicine at all but the fact that i struggled so hard with alevels makes me wonder if med is even possible for me.

im just so mad that my exams are this close to eachother i probably could’ve crammed and gotten good grades if they were more spaced. i’m sure a bunch of people are going through this too but idk this truly sucks
does anyone have any advice on how to cope with the exams being close together and trying to deal w the stress
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
had my first exam 2 days ago, can’t stop thinking about the wrong answers i wrote and counting the marks i could’ve lost it’s bothering me sm it didn’t go terrible but i wont know until august.

but aside from that i’m so stressed it feels super suffocating, my exams are so crammed together imo they’re within 16 days and i have 2 exams on the same day twice, being my hardest exams too / idk how to cope
i studied for the whole year/2 years of alevels but those 5 months was the most effort i had put in. i studied 10 hours+ this last month, i missed out on going out with friends to study a number of times during the 2 years which i regret, i got tuition for the last year so ill feel even more **** if i don’t get the A, my family expects A*s and i don’t even know if i can get As, i’ve tried so so hard and i don’t think it’s gonna pay off fr, i’m trying to go into medicine and i honestly don’t think i would ever want to do anything but medicine at all but the fact that i struggled so hard with alevels makes me wonder if med is even possible for me.

im just so mad that my exams are this close to eachother i probably could’ve crammed and gotten good grades if they were more spaced. i’m sure a bunch of people are going through this too but idk this truly sucks
does anyone have any advice on how to cope with the exams being close together and trying to deal w the stress

This happened to me too with my Physics A-levels recently. I left out so many questions because I was literally clueless as to what the answer could be. It was really hard not to cry during the exam since Physics is one of my favourite subjects. The best advice I can give you is to not let one exam define your entire academic career. Try to remember your strengths and accomplishments, and focus on areas where you excel. This can help you stay motivated and continue to succeed in other areas. Perhaps you can speak with your teacher or academic advisor. They may be able to help you understand your options and provide guidance on how to move forward. Also, remember to take care of yourself. Dealing with disappointment can be hard, so it's important to take care of yourself. Get enough sleep, eat healthily, exercise, and take the time to do things that you enjoy. Keep in my mind that setbacks are a natural part of life, and it's very important not to let them define you. Try to stay positive, keep learning, and don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi,
Sorry to hear you are under soo much pressure and struggling with stress.
Dwelling on your past exam is not good. It is very hard not to but you can not change the past and with having more exams coming up your better to focus on what you can control. The wait until august is horrible enough and so do not make it harder on yourself by dwelling and worrying about what you may have done wrong or right.
In the depths of exams and studying it can feel as though there is no light at the end. Try and not stress and worry about things later in the future as this can be overwhelming and add extra pressure. Focus on your immediate future - your exams and studying and do what you can to control how they go.
You can't control your exams being on top of each other, but making sure you are eating, sleeping and studying using methods that work for you all can help towards your exams.
There are lots of paths and opportunities in life and so try and have faith in yourself and trust that things will work out.
Hopefully your final exams go well and best of luck. Catherine - Strathclyde University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending