The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Sociology Paper 3 (H580/03) - 14th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
No
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by huhleema
anyone???

Yeah I've been taught it. If you're needing rescources I might be able to get some hiding away somewhere!
Reply 62
anyone???

sorry, really wish i could help but i dont do education. i do c&d:frown:
Reply 63
is there actually enough on interactionalism to write 4 different paragraphs for a 40 marker?
All i can think of is Becker, Cicuorel and Lemert
Reply 64
Original post by irlw
is there actually enough on interactionalism to write 4 different paragraphs for a 40 marker?
All i can think of is Becker, Cicuorel and Lemert

I think there is enough content from those to write a lot, there is also Matza as well.
Should be enough for 4 different points but it could also be the 20 marker
Reply 65
is there enough on green crime to be a 40?
Reply 66
Original post by irlw
is there enough on green crime to be a 40?

Don’t think so
Could it be possible for Marxism explanations of C&D to come up as a 40 marker? It has never been directly asked I don't think.
Reply 68
HAS ANYONE made predictions or like plans for the 40 marker on crime and deviance .i feel like ethnicity will come up again as it came on paper 1 paper 2 this year
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 69
does anyone have the 2022 paper and the ms
Reply 70
Anyone have predictions for globalisation or religion?
Reply 71
anyone???

Yes I have some notes.
-The coal-gov introduced more ´free schools´and academies to create a fairer and more prosperous society.
-Free schools are inspected by OFSTED but they dont have to follow the national curriculum but they DO have to do maths, english and science.
-Coal-gov encourages parents, charities and teachers to set up a free school to increase DIVERSITY and CHOICE.
-They gave freedom over the curriculum and promised teachers to be given autgority over their students/classes.
-Coalition policies focuses on 4 main things: INDEPENDENCE, ACCOUNTABILITY, COMPETITION and DIVERSITY & CHOICE.
-Micheal Gove in 2010 believed that free schools would attract talented teachers due to the freedom from bureacracy.

-Critics claim that free schools favour those from middle class background.
-The NUT are against free schools as they argue that the increase in competition damages existing local schools. They also claim that these schools take away fundings from existing schools.
-The NUT carried out a research where they found out that these free schools actually WIDENS social inequalities (Haralambos & Holborn, 2011).
-Micheal Gove claimed that these free schools were created to improve standards in education in deprived areas. But research shows that free schools are establisged by people of middle class and predominantly caters for middle class students.
-Vasagar and Shepherd (2011) found out that in the areas where first 24 free schools that were opened, 57% of the students were from middle class background compared with an average of 42.8% in other types of schools in England. Also 18 out of the first 24 free schools had a lower proportion of students on FSM.

All these points are mainly focusing on free schools, if you would like notes on academies, changes to GCSEs and A-levels and 14-19 funding changes i will be more than happy to share them :smile:

(Ignore any grammar mistakes)
Reply 72
Original post by 5t0
Yes I have some notes.
-The coal-gov introduced more ´free schools´and academies to create a fairer and more prosperous society.
-Free schools are inspected by OFSTED but they dont have to follow the national curriculum but they DO have to do maths, english and science.
-Coal-gov encourages parents, charities and teachers to set up a free school to increase DIVERSITY and CHOICE.
-They gave freedom over the curriculum and promised teachers to be given autgority over their students/classes.
-Coalition policies focuses on 4 main things: INDEPENDENCE, ACCOUNTABILITY, COMPETITION and DIVERSITY & CHOICE.
-Micheal Gove in 2010 believed that free schools would attract talented teachers due to the freedom from bureacracy.

-Critics claim that free schools favour those from middle class background.
-The NUT are against free schools as they argue that the increase in competition damages existing local schools. They also claim that these schools take away fundings from existing schools.
-The NUT carried out a research where they found out that these free schools actually WIDENS social inequalities (Haralambos & Holborn, 2011).
-Micheal Gove claimed that these free schools were created to improve standards in education in deprived areas. But research shows that free schools are establisged by people of middle class and predominantly caters for middle class students.
-Vasagar and Shepherd (2011) found out that in the areas where first 24 free schools that were opened, 57% of the students were from middle class background compared with an average of 42.8% in other types of schools in England. Also 18 out of the first 24 free schools had a lower proportion of students on FSM.

All these points are mainly focusing on free schools, if you would like notes on academies, changes to GCSEs and A-levels and 14-19 funding changes i will be more than happy to share them :smile:

(Ignore any grammar mistakes)

Original post by EliseRMurray
Yeah I've been taught it. If you're needing rescources I might be able to get some hiding away somewhere!

tysm guys this is so helpful :smile:
Reply 73
for education, can they ask 40 markers on global inequalities or solutions to reduce gender inequality for example?
Reply 74
what would be some evaluation points for an age and crime 40 marker?
Reply 75
Original post by sab66777
does anyone have any tips on how to revise for this paper because i am struggling !!! i do education and globalisation + dfoc

right now i’m just making essay plans
Reply 76
for education, can they ask 40 markers on global inequalities or solutions to reduce gender inequality for example?

i don’t think they would ask global inequalities but they would probably ask solutions to reduce gender inequality and that’s where you write policies
Reply 77
Original post by 5t0
Any predictions for education section?

i think they might be a gender question as an 40marker
Reply 78
Original post by irlw
what would be some evaluation points for an age and crime 40 marker?

Marxist and interactionist views on how police stats are socially constructed
Any predictions for crime and deviance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending