The Student Room Group

anyone else feel the same?

The weather is so nice right now and my family and friends are going out but I have exams and wont be able to go out until 26 of june when they end. It's so hard seeing everyone enjoy themselves while I have to constantly stay home
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by greenamy2
The weather is so nice right now and my family and friends are going out but I have exams and wont be able to go out until 26 of june when they end. It's so hard seeing everyone enjoy themselves while I have to constantly stay home

You don't have to lock yourself away in your room for the entire exam season just because you have exams. They're lasting nearly a month and a half. Right now, it's the weekend, so there's nothing wrong with spending an hour or two enjoying time with your family and friends. In fact, it will be more beneficial to go outside, get some exercise and take a break from revision.

You do not have to punish yourself for good grades. If you take good care of yourself alongside your revision, it will pay off in the remaining exams.
Reply 2

How come you have to stay at home? Like you might have some revision but that's not going to be all day.

Hi @greenamy2
Feeling stuck inside when it is nicer weather and feeling like your missing out socially can be really tough and make it harder to motivate yourself to study. However, having a bit of a balance and allowing yourself to take a break outside and meet with people can help with setting study targets and increase your motivation. Studying outside, going for a walk or quick catchup/lunch with friends can sometimes boost productivity and reduce the feeling of being left out and 'stuck at home'.
Your exams are important and in the long term you will hopefully be glad you missed out on some social events and nicer weather. You will have time after your exams and this time will hopefully be a lot more stress free and you'll feel more relaxed and able to enjoy.
It can be really hard to see others enjoying yourself, but you only have a few more weeks until your finished exams. Try not to compare or go on social media too much as this can sometimes make it worse. Final push and hopefully your exams go well.
Catherine - Strathclyde University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending