The Student Room Group

Language aptitude test MLAT 2023

I'm writing this because i literally can't find anyone else talking about this anywhere, but did anyone else sit the LAT section of the MLAT today? I'm somewhat freaking out because in literally every past test since 2016 there has been three sections, but in the one I sat today there were only two. As a result I finished way faster than I normally do and I just feel like I missed something really major. Also all the issues with the tests make me feel like maybe I just didn't see a button or something that takes you to the last section of the test??! maybe I'm majorly overthinking, but did anyone else sit it, how did you find it?
By mlat do you mean the modern language waste of time test
Original post by ithinkimacontra
I'm writing this because i literally can't find anyone else talking about this anywhere, but did anyone else sit the LAT section of the MLAT today? I'm somewhat freaking out because in literally every past test since 2016 there has been three sections, but in the one I sat today there were only two. As a result I finished way faster than I normally do and I just feel like I missed something really major. Also all the issues with the tests make me feel like maybe I just didn't see a button or something that takes you to the last section of the test??! maybe I'm majorly overthinking, but did anyone else sit it, how did you find it?

Which language did you do?
Reply 3

I sat this today as well and thought the same thing, I don’t know whether it was intentional and they scrapped it or whether it was missed out?
Original post by Anonymous
Which language did you do?

I'm applying for Italian ab initio
how did you find the rest of the test?

Original post by FinS
I sat this today as well and thought the same thing, I don’t know whether it was intentional and they scrapped it or whether it was missed out?
Same, I had the same worries. I think it might have been an accident, like wouldn't they have emailed or something if they decided to change the format? But anyway, I'm glad we didn't do anything wrong and at least it was easier.
Reply 7
how did you find the rest of the test?

The French part went alright with the translation into English being a bit iffy and I think the LAT went alright; definitely easier than some of the past papers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending