The Student Room Group

Special considerations for pet who might be put down

Writing this in a bit of a panic since my cat is not doing too great. Pretty sure it's something wrong with his kidney, but he's not doing well and we can't get him to a vet today. He's being taken to the vet tomorrow morning, most likely to be put down, but I won't be there because I have 2 exams tomorrow, and they clash so I can't use my phone or talk to anyone in between them so I won't know what's going on. Is there anything I can do/anyone I can let know about this? Because doing 5 hours of exams isn't going to be good for my mental health, and I know they're not going to go well since this will be on my mind the whole day.
Reply 1
Original post by mel_19
Writing this in a bit of a panic since my cat is not doing too great. Pretty sure it's something wrong with his kidney, but he's not doing well and we can't get him to a vet today. He's being taken to the vet tomorrow morning, most likely to be put down, but I won't be there because I have 2 exams tomorrow, and they clash so I can't use my phone or talk to anyone in between them so I won't know what's going on. Is there anything I can do/anyone I can let know about this? Because doing 5 hours of exams isn't going to be good for my mental health, and I know they're not going to go well since this will be on my mind the whole day.

Sorry to hear this but i don't think any allowance will be made. Surely a parent can ring school and get you a message between exams if you want to know?

Quick Reply

Latest