The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Accommodation outside of the university?

I’m still a year away from applying to universities but I love the zoology course at Exeter and I’m just thinking ahead about the accommodation.
I have three parrots and I obviously can’t take them to the accommodation at the university so im guessing I will need to look for somewhere to rent nearby if i hypothetically were to go to Exeter.

Has anyone here rented a place outside of the uni? I know a few people who have rented places with a few people because they needed to bring their pets, but i wanted to know if its a somewhat common thing to do at exter?

Might sound crazy to miss out on the social aspects of living in a dorm and whatnot just for pets, but they’re a huge part of my life and I couldn’t leave them at home
Original post by Anonymous
I’m still a year away from applying to universities but I love the zoology course at Exeter and I’m just thinking ahead about the accommodation.
I have three parrots and I obviously can’t take them to the accommodation at the university so im guessing I will need to look for somewhere to rent nearby if i hypothetically were to go to Exeter.

Has anyone here rented a place outside of the uni? I know a few people who have rented places with a few people because they needed to bring their pets, but i wanted to know if its a somewhat common thing to do at exter?

Might sound crazy to miss out on the social aspects of living in a dorm and whatnot just for pets, but they’re a huge part of my life and I couldn’t leave them at home

Lots of students live in private rather than university accommodation. However, that doesn't resolve the problem of pets. Most private landlords don't allow pets, and although the law is changing so that they can't put a blanket ban on pets in rented accommodation, they can certainly charge more, or find another reason. You would have to go for the non 'student' rental market and unless you have some additional income, that would likely be too expensive. I'm afraid the only likely practical answer is to leave them at home/foster them.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending