The Student Room Group

Functional skills maths

If you fail a functional skills maths level 2 exam. How soon can you resit and can I still get into my place at university
Reply 1
Talk to your centre about the arrangements they can make but a retake is possible within a few weeks of your result. Other FS providers may be able to help if your current centre cannot. However, most colleges and adult learning services will be closed during the summer months, Depending on when you get your results, you might have to wait until September. Only your university can tell you if they will still accept you without the pass.
Reply 2
I was wondering the same. Iv yet to take my exam, as I have assignments and mock exams to do first (Learndirect). My brother died recently and it really set me back mentally, I’m just trying to get focussed now so I was wondering what happens if we don’t pass in time
Reply 3
Original post by Noodles40
I was wondering the same. Iv yet to take my exam, as I have assignments and mock exams to do first (Learndirect). My brother died recently and it really set me back mentally, I’m just trying to get focussed now so I was wondering what happens if we don’t pass in time

Hi sorry to hear that. I'm doing my access course with learn direct too and passed my level 2 English last year now I have my maths level 2 exam July 3rd. My maths is with adult learning. I called City and guilds this morning they said you can resit the exam if fail . You get results back after 3 or 4 weeks then I can ask adult learning when I can resit. As long g as its before enrolment day for uni x
Reply 4
You can resist the exam as many time as you want and use different exam boards. The timing is tight, that’s the problem, takes time to mark the exam, then if you fail have to wait to resit and so on 😩
Original post by NurseC

Hi sorry to hear that. I'm doing my access course with learn direct too and passed my level 2 English last year now I have my maths level 2 exam July 3rd. My maths is with adult learning. I called City and guilds this morning they said you can resit the exam if fail . You get results back after 3 or 4 weeks then I can ask adult learning when I can resit. As long g as its before enrolment day for uni x

Good morning. Is adult learning an online provider and was it accepted by the university? Am looking for provider online and struggling. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest