The Student Room Group

functional skills online test

I’m going to be doing the Functional skills maths level 2 course soon online, so I have the GCSE equivalent ready to apply to uni end of year before I retake my GCSES. Has anyone used any of these online companies?
Original post by Catsandcake
I’m going to be doing the Functional skills maths level 2 course soon online, so I have the GCSE equivalent ready to apply to uni end of year before I retake my GCSES. Has anyone used any of these online companies?

Good morning. Can I ask if you got on a course in the end and who it was with, and how funded? Same position here - am looking at obtaining the maths and English level 2, before September (in 9 months) and at a loss finding help from local authority/online. Are the online providers reputable, and does it need be with a certain examining body/provider? Any help appreciated!
I'd go with the Open Study College because they are more established than other online providers and offer personal tutor support as well as course study material.

If you just want to do the exam instead of booking a course, then Passfunctionalskills is also a reliable provider (although you get a free resit if you book a course through them instead of just the exam).
Original post by SilverPebble
I'd go with the Open Study College because they are more established than other online providers and offer personal tutor support as well as course study material.

If you just want to do the exam instead of booking a course, then Passfunctionalskills is also a reliable provider (although you get a free resit if you book a course through them instead of just the exam).

That’s very helpful thank you. And are they definitely accepted by most universities are you aware?
Original post by Seeseeseeagain
That’s very helpful thank you. And are they definitely accepted by most universities are you aware?

Yes - the Open Study College does Pearson/Edexcel exams, and Passfunctionalskills has a choice of City & Guilds or Open Awards for the exams. These are all recognised and approved exam boards.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 5
Hey, most colleges have the option to do it for free. And some of them you can do it online. Some of the courses are for a year. But I managed to find a few where you can take it as soon as your ready. If you put the uni course into ucas it will let you know what unis accept the functional skills. Seems most do now :smile:
Hey, most colleges have the option to do it for free. And some of them you can do it online. Some of the courses are for a year. But I managed to find a few where you can take it as soon as your ready. If you put the uni course into ucas it will let you know what unis accept the functional skills. Seems most do now :smile:

That’s really helpful thank you!
Reply 7

Hi I did maths and English functional skills in 2021 but the degree and university I want to go to doesn’t accept them. So this year I did GCSE maths and English for free at my local college I got a 5 in maths and a 6 in English. There are some colleges that accept entry in January for exams this summer if it’s something you might consider.
Original post by KazStudies

Hi I did maths and English functional skills in 2021 but the degree and university I want to go to doesn’t accept them. So this year I did GCSE maths and English for free at my local college I got a 5 in maths and a 6 in English. There are some colleges that accept entry in January for exams this summer if it’s something you might consider.

Thanks Kaz - yes I should check. Be a nuisance to have to study it twice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending