The Student Room Group

How to sit functional skills level 2

I failed my GCSE maths last year and I decided to stop trying , I have finished college and realised that I want my maths GCSE however I want to sit the functional skill exam but I don’t Want to go back to the same college I did a year ago as I have moved on. I would like to teach my self the skills and then go to a normal test centre and not in college however when I look they all charge for materials and however I don’t want that
Original post by Nournash
I failed my GCSE maths last year and I decided to stop trying , I have finished college and realised that I want my maths GCSE however I want to sit the functional skill exam but I don’t Want to go back to the same college I did a year ago as I have moved on. I would like to teach my self the skills and then go to a normal test centre and not in college however when I look they all charge for materials and however I don’t want that

A lot of test centres will be private businesses and they charge. You would normally go to college to get it for free.
I did fine one that does it online, but dont know if they will be able to offer it for free.
https://www.leedscitycollege.ac.uk/courses-apprenticeships/adult-part-time-courses/english-and-maths/online-maths-functional-skills-adult/
Reply 2
Easiest way is to just do it at your local college.
I don't see as you "having moved on" is a reason why you shouldn't take advantage of not using your local college.

It's pretty simple.
A lot of colleges offer free functional skills or gcses to those who do not have them.
You can either take that up or do it as a private candidate.
If you do it privately you will have to pay.
Reply 3
I did mine with learn direct and passed my math level 2 test with 80% which is equivalent to A* I think. My tutor was great and cost me nothing. They give you only a pass certificate and your exam result printed on a paper though.
I have passed mine today through Learndirect, it took me just over 4 weeks in total. I am someone who has struggled their whole life with maths, but this I did well and actually really enjoyed.
Reply 5
hey can you check my latest post and give me a response please on what to do?
Original post by Kiraz
I did mine with learn direct and passed my math level 2 test with 80% which is equivalent to A* I think. My tutor was great and cost me nothing. They give you only a pass certificate and your exam result printed on a paper though.

Learn direct cost nothing?
Original post by KanyesVest
I have passed mine today through Learndirect, it took me just over 4 weeks in total. I am someone who has struggled their whole life with maths, but this I did well and actually really enjoyed.

Hi - well done! Can I ask re fees/how it is funded? I was under impression you had to pay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending