The Student Room Group

NHS GCSEs

I have recently accepted an conditional letter from the NHS for a reception/admin job. I applied for it whilst abroad and could t remember my GCSEs results. (This was years ago I’m currently 32) now home I cannot find my letter and wondering if the NHS will check GCSEs results in their checks?
Original post by Kellysee
I have recently accepted an conditional letter from the NHS for a reception/admin job. I applied for it whilst abroad and could t remember my GCSEs results. (This was years ago I’m currently 32) now home I cannot find my letter and wondering if the NHS will check GCSEs results in their checks?

Hello Kelly,

I think what will happen if you cannot find your GCSEs is you will have an English and Maths assessment, when I left the army I was ex-infantry and they basically assessed me and then went from there. you have to have functional skills level 2 for any band 2/3 job anyway so you will be fine just put in what you do know. If you do not have this a lot of NHS jobs will get you up to this spec?

So Just report what you know.

Regards,

Chris.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Thank you for your response. I have functional skills level 1&2 in English but only level 1 in maths. I definitely put this on my form but can’t remember what i put GCSEs wise for anything else. Fingers crossed they make me a unconditional offer😩🤞🏼
Hey! I'm in the same boat, just wondering if everthing went smoothly?
Reply 4
Original post by little-wings
Hey! I'm in the same boat, just wondering if everthing went smoothly?
hi yes it did I took my functional skills certificates in but they never asked about anything else GCSE wise I’m currently 6 months in my new roll now and just winging it all haha. Good luck don’t overthink it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending