The Student Room Group

Lowered grade boundaries for university

Hello, I’m a passionate student for medicine and have always wanted to go a London university for the sake of my personal situation and to take care of my family as it is nearer to home. However, I have a problem. I’ve gone through several traumatic experiences in the duration of my year 12 which took a big tumble on my grades. I want to know if they would take these situations into consideration or lower the grade boundary for myself when applying to university. My predicted grades so far has been an ABB, please let me know what I can do or is just the thought of medicine out of the picture for me?
Reply 1
Original post by lovluh_
Hello, I’m a passionate student for medicine and have always wanted to go a London university for the sake of my personal situation and to take care of my family as it is nearer to home. However, I have a problem. I’ve gone through several traumatic experiences in the duration of my year 12 which took a big tumble on my grades. I want to know if they would take these situations into consideration or lower the grade boundary for myself when applying to university. My predicted grades so far has been an ABB, please let me know what I can do or is just the thought of medicine out of the picture for me?

You can submit a Extenuating Circumstances form and will require a GP Doctor's Medical Certificate. But more importantly, you should consider retaking the Year 12 as you will achieve A*AA or greater. Especially since I can help you with all the Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology Past Papers, Mark Schemes and Examiners Reports. :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by lovluh_

You've posted this in the University of Cambridge forum, which I presume was unintentional? My suspicion is that Medicine is such a competitive and demanding discipline that offers with "lowered grades" are extremely unlikely, but if you want a more "official" answer I'd suggest you post your question in the Medicine subforum on TSR (under University Courses) where you can get advice from current and previous Medicine students who can advise better. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending