The Student Room Group

Grade boundaries for A level subject

Could someone please let me know the approximate raw score required to get A* in the following A-level subjects for 2023, I understand that its going to be based on 2019 but any pointers in this regard to get a rough idea would be appreciated:
Further maths - Edexcel
Computer science - AQA
Physics - AQA
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
You can look up the 2019 grade boundaries published by googling 'grade bondaries A level' the exam board, year
Then you can scroll through the pdf booklet that comes up

this should be the AQA one: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-RL-GDE-BDY-JUN-2019.PDF
Reply 2
Original post by AnandVaka
Could someone please let me know the approximate raw score required to get A* in the following A-level subjects for 2023, I understand that its going to be based on 2019 but any pointers in this regard to get a rough idea would be appreciated:
Further maths - Edexcel
Computer science - AQA
Physics - AQA

Please note that grade boundaries, or raw scores, will not necessarily be the same as 2019. They are being set to achieve the same grade distribution as 2019, but the actual grade boundaries will go up or down depending on the difficulty of the exam e.g. if students found a paper hard, and therefore the average raw score was lower than in 2019, the boundaries would be set lower, and vice versa, for papers that people found easier.
Reply 3
Original post by AnandVaka
Further maths - Edexcel
Computer science - AQA
Physics - AQA

For computer science AQA it'll be around 300~ for an A*, as they said it'll be similar to 2019 but obviously not as high as it was, slightly lower. I would assume the lowest it could go to is around 290, and the highest it would be is the original 309, but it's most likely around 300-305.
Reply 4
Original post by wzrdium
For computer science AQA it'll be around 300~ for an A*, as they said it'll be similar to 2019 but obviously not as high as it was, slightly lower. I would assume the lowest it could go to is around 290, and the highest it would be is the original 309, but it's most likely around 300-305.

Many thanks for the info
Reply 5
Thank you

Original post by lalexm
Please note that grade boundaries, or raw scores, will not necessarily be the same as 2019. They are being set to achieve the same grade distribution as 2019, but the actual grade boundaries will go up or down depending on the difficulty of the exam e.g. if students found a paper hard, and therefore the average raw score was lower than in 2019, the boundaries would be set lower, and vice versa, for papers that people found easier.
Reply 6
Original post by totallyfine
You can look up the 2019 grade boundaries published by googling 'grade bondaries A level' the exam board, year
Then you can scroll through the pdf booklet that comes up

this should be the AQA one: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-RL-GDE-BDY-JUN-2019.PDF

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest