The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Unsure about grades?

Hi! I am just finishing my A-level exams, and have an offer of BBB to study Pharmacy in September.

I have a long-term health condition that has meant during sixth form, I have been in and out of hospital. Now that I am finishing my exams, it's evident that this had affected my education, and I do not think I have done as well as what I thought I was.

I am really set on going to Keele University, but I am unsure if I will meet my offer grades. I know they say on their website to not worry if the entry grades aren't met, but I am unsure on how lenient they would be? They are aware of my health condition, so I don't know if that could influence anything?

I would be more than happy on the foundation year for Pharmacy (If I could go back and reapply, I would apply for this as I would find this year really helpful given the issues I've had with my health), but again, I'm unsure on the leniency of the course, or even how many people they accept onto the foundation year!

Any advice would be appreciated. I really want to go to Keele, and I'm just looking for anyway to make this possible :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by MlAAA
Hi! I have recently finished my A-level exams, and have an offer of BBB to study Pharmacy in September.

I have a long-term health condition that has meant during sixth form, I have been in and out of hospital. Now that I have finished my exams, it's evident that this had affected my education, and I do not think I have done as well as what I thought I was.

I am really set on going to Keele University, but I am unsure if I will meet my offer grades. I know they say on their website to not worry if the entry grades aren't met, but I am unsure on how lenient they would be? They are aware of my health condition, so I don't know if that could influence anything?

I would be more than happy on the foundation year for Pharmacy (If I could go back and reapply, I would apply for this as I would find this year really helpful given the issues I've had with my health), but again, I'm unsure on the leniency of the course, or even how many people they accept onto the foundation year!

Any advice would be appreciated. I really want to go to Keele, and I'm just looking for anyway to make this possible :smile:

have u applied to a back up university with lower grade boundaries and also is this the offer they gave you with lowering the grade boundary for you or not
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by ashhhhhyyyyyyyyy
have u applied to a back up university with lower grade boundaries and also is this the offer they gave you with lowering the grade boundary for you or not

I had applied to back-up universities, but their grade requirements are also BBB. This was a contextual offer because of the location of my school, not because of my situation!
Original post by MlAAA
I had applied to back-up universities, but their grade requirements are also BBB. This was a contextual offer because of the location of my school, not because of my situation!

maybe try emailling them and stuff and see what they say

Quick Reply

Latest