The Student Room Group

Burnt out from revising for GCSEs

I know this is quite random but I am doing my GCSE exams now and I have 2 exams left but I am starting to feel burnt out and have no motivation to revise for these exams and I am worried about doing bad in these exams bc of it. My exams end on the 20th but I don't think I can carry on until then without completely burning out.
That is completely normal.
Are they perhaps subjects you've already done the first paper or have done a previous thorough revision?
I'd recommend frequent breaks and perhaps think about things you'd like to do after the exam or how'd you feel as a motivation?
Reply 2
Original post by Obsidian♡Hart
That is completely normal.
Are they perhaps subjects you've already done the first paper or have done a previous thorough revision?
I'd recommend frequent breaks and perhaps think about things you'd like to do after the exam or how'd you feel as a motivation?

One of them history and I have done the 2 other exams for history earlier on and my other exam is food and nutrition. There's only 1 paper for food and nutrition and I have done badly on one of the courseworks which is making me worried and leaving me with no motivation to revise for that exam :s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous
I know this is quite random but I am doing my GCSE exams now and I have 2 exams left but I am starting to feel burnt out and have no motivation to revise for these exams and I am worried about doing bad in these exams bc of it. My exams end on the 20th but I don't think I can carry on until then without completely burning out.

I am sorry that you are feeling burnt out.
The best thing to do is take some time to fully rest yourself, limit stimulation as much as possible to allow your brain to recover its energy and motivation (reduce social media/phone/internet/TV use and try to really rest and do other things that you enjoy). By resting fully, you will will feel much more motivated to do revision. So while you are resting, do not feel bad about doing work because it will help your productivity in the long-run (plus when you rest your brain subconsciously solidified memories). Revising also uses a lot more energy and brainpower than you think, so it might be good to take a short nap at midday too to help your recover. At the end of the day, nothing bad will happen if you do not do well in these exams. Your health is more important, so be kind and look after yourself and then when you are feeling better you will be much more up to revising.
Good luck with it all!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending