The Student Room Group

Panicking please help

I have my first exam in 2 days and I am freaking out, every time I sit down and do work I get so distracted to the point where I get nothing done as I think I have burnt myself out from revising so much in years 7,8 and 9. I originally wanted grade 7's and above, I am currently working at grade 6's, if I put my mind to it, can I transform my grade to a grade 7 at least?
Original post by angelboo2323
I have my first exam in 2 days and I am freaking out, every time I sit down and do work I get so distracted to the point where I get nothing done as I think I have burnt myself out from revising so much in years 7,8 and 9. I originally wanted grade 7's and above, I am currently working at grade 6's, if I put my mind to it, can I transform my grade to a grade 7 at least?

If you feel burnt out the worst thing you could do is force yourself to work harder. I'll admit, it is unusual to revise that much in lower years but if you truly feel burnt out then you might want to take some time to just recuperate before your exam. I know two days before an exam you are unlikely to relax but it's more difficult to get a good grade when you're more tired, stressed and worried than usual. (I used to play nintendo before I revised if I was getting too stressed and it definitely helped me remain calmer). And yes, you could definitely increase your grades if you're in the right mindset.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
What you normally find is that you may naturally go up grades anyway during the actual exams. This is because of the fact that you have more experience in the exam hall, you have been prepared more by teachers prior to the exams, and exams are usually marked more leniently (compared to your teachers at school) anyway. I wouldn’t force yourself to revise as it will make you feel 100% worse and it will most likely be unhelpful if it is the night before. Try to relax and take a break as often as possible and I’m sure you’ll get the grades you need :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest