The Student Room Group

Uni grade

I’m currently in 2nd year on a 2:1. One of my modules I received a D- overall and I think another one of my modules I will also get a D-. However the rest of my modules should be well graded hopefully ! Mt question is will these individual grades affect me when applying to internships/grad roles even if I finish with a 2:1 or possibly a first if I smash it next year ?
Hi there,

I think it is best to speak to your academic advisor for advice on this matter, as they will know best, although from my experience, I think most employers and interviewers will be more focused on your overall grade, rather than specific grades for certain modules. They will also likely be more concerned over your experience and skills which will benefit you in the role. So, I would say not to worry too much about specific module grades, all you can do is try your very best!

I hope this helps, remember to speak to your academic advisor as they will be ablate help you with this!

Scarlet - Sheffield Hallam Student Ambassador
Original post by elissael
I’m currently in 2nd year on a 2:1. One of my modules I received a D- overall and I think another one of my modules I will also get a D-. However the rest of my modules should be well graded hopefully ! Mt question is will these individual grades affect me when applying to internships/grad roles even if I finish with a 2:1 or possibly a first if I smash it next year ?
Original post by elissael

Hi there,

A 2:1 is considered a great grade, and is typically the benchmark for getting onto grad scheme/ jobs post Uni. It is very rare than individual module grades will be considered by employers.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending