The Student Room Group

If you resit and get lower, do they use your past result for A-levels?

i'm resitting all my a levels this year and i was just wondering, if my grade last year was higher then my grade this year, would i be able to use whichever grade is higher for University? I've already applied this year and got my offers, but lets say for example for chemistry i did worse this year then last year but last years chemistry grade still met the univeristy entry requirements, would i be able to use my original chemistry grade but my new grades for my other subjects? like would universities still accept that? thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by discordhmmm
i'm resitting all my a levels this year and i was just wondering, if my grade last year was higher then my grade this year, would i be able to use whichever grade is higher for University? I've already applied this year and got my offers, but lets say for example for chemistry i did worse this year then last year but last years chemistry grade still met the univeristy entry requirements, would i be able to use my original chemistry grade but my new grades for my other subjects? like would universities still accept that? thank you :smile:

Hi I was told that if I sat my chemistry exam this year (year 13) then I would have to give it up to resit it next year (year 14, but year 13 in my other two subjects) but I would still have to say what I'd achieved in both scenarios.

For example, if next year I got BBB but this year I had gotten an A in my chem then I would still apply to unis with my BBB but they would be aware that I had gotten an A previously but it wasn't my final grade if that makes sense.

My teachers might have gotten it wrong so I'm not entirely sure but as far as I'm aware you can't choose the higher grade but the uni will be able to see both grades. I hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by mai0may
Hi I was told that if I sat my chemistry exam this year (year 13) then I would have to give it up to resit it next year (year 14, but year 13 in my other two subjects) but I would still have to say what I'd achieved in both scenarios.

For example, if next year I got BBB but this year I had gotten an A in my chem then I would still apply to unis with my BBB but they would be aware that I had gotten an A previously but it wasn't my final grade if that makes sense.

My teachers might have gotten it wrong so I'm not entirely sure but as far as I'm aware you can't choose the higher grade but the uni will be able to see both grades. I hope that helps :smile:

Hi so i contacted AQA and they said that the certificates are separate so whatever you apply to you can put forward the highest grade however for the unis I contacted, since I've already applied with the assumption of using grades that be received this year then its up to the individual admissions boards for that course at the uni your interested in and u have to contact them on results day and try to sort it out with them and basically ask them to look at the higher of the 2 grades but if you haven't already applied then you can put forth the highest grades. But my individual admission boards for my course haven't currently replied to my email so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this and could tell me how likely it is that unis accept the higher of the 2 grades. AQA said it shouldn't be a problem but unis can be very prickly. thank you : )
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending