The Student Room Group

What to do about piercing my ear?

Is it best to have a stud or a sleeper earring in my ear, after the 6 weeks healing period is over?
Reply 1
Original post by Fintan1993
Is it best to have a stud or a sleeper earring in my ear, after the 6 weeks healing period is over?

A lobe takes longer than 6 weeks to fully heal. Please don't tell me you got it with a gun.

I have many piercings and have gotten my lobes done 3 times :0 (stretched and healed now)
Reply 2
Original post by Andi.0k
A lobe takes longer than 6 weeks to fully heal. Please don't tell me you got it with a gun.

I have many piercings and have gotten my lobes done 3 times :0 (stretched and healed now)

No I haven’t got them done yet. Do you know how long it would take to 100% heal?
Reply 3
No I haven’t got them done yet. Do you know how long it would take to 100% heal?

It's recommended (from my piercer) to wait around 6 months to change jewellery but get it done a professional. Make sure they use needles and quality (usually titanium) labret bars (not the earrings with the butterfly backs) and that their studio is clean.
Reply 4
Original post by Andi.0k
It's recommended (from my piercer) to wait around 6 months to change jewellery but get it done a professional. Make sure they use needles and quality (usually titanium) labret bars (not the earrings with the butterfly backs) and that their studio is clean.

Oh yeah good point. Do they remember that you wear stud earring for like 6 months, before you take it out and put in a sleeper earring.
Reply 5
Oh yeah good point. Do they remember that you wear stud earring for like 6 months, before you take it out and put in a sleeper earring.

Professional piercers pierce with flat backed labret bars which shouldn't poke you. I've never heard of a sleeper earring ngl. Do you have a piercer in mind? I would recommend messaging them and asking about healing time, aftercare and the kind of jewellery they use. If they recommend something harmful (like rubbing alcohol like Claires does :broken:) then run the other way. A good piercer will be more expensive but it's worth it!
Reply 6
Original post by Andi.0k
Professional piercers pierce with flat backed labret bars which shouldn't poke you. I've never heard of a sleeper earring ngl. Do you have a piercer in mind? I would recommend messaging them and asking about healing time, aftercare and the kind of jewellery they use. If they recommend something harmful (like rubbing alcohol like Claires does :broken:) then run the other way. A good piercer will be more expensive but it's worth it!

Yeah good point, I was looking into it, but I wasn’t sure if I should have a stud or an earring in my ear after the 6 months is up.
Reply 7
Yeah good point, I was looking into it, but I wasn’t sure if I should have a stud or an earring in my ear after the 6 months is up.

It's up to you just make sure you're not allergic to the metal used and you're good to go
Reply 8
Original post by Andi.0k
It's up to you just make sure you're not allergic to the metal used and you're good to go

Yep I’ll make sure that I am not allergic to the metal, and I hope it all goes well.

Quick Reply

Latest