The Student Room Group

Nervous about committing to art?

I absolutely love art, definitely, my favourite (and best) subject, but I've kinda resigned myself to doing English language/linguistics at university because I'm also quite good at that and I feel like the job prospects for that are much better. I just spoke to my sister and now I'm leaning towards art again I'm having a slight crisis because I'm really scared of the idea of committing to art, even though it's my dream. Should I do it? Is it worth it?
Reply 1
(Original post by soldier_510)I absolutely love art, definitely, my favourite (and best) subject, but I've kinda resigned myself to doing English language/linguistics at university because I'm also quite good at that and I feel like the job prospects for that are much better. I just spoke to my sister and now I'm leaning towards art again I'm having a slight crisis because I'm really scared of the idea of committing to art, even though it's my dream. Should I do it? Is it worth it?

I would keep art as a hobby and pursue language/ linguistics because later on when you achieve a degree and have a stable income then you can carry on pursuing your dream of art and not give it up but, just wait until later to pursue it
Original post by soldier_510
I absolutely love art, definitely, my favourite (and best) subject, but I've kinda resigned myself to doing English language/linguistics at university because I'm also quite good at that and I feel like the job prospects for that are much better. I just spoke to my sister and now I'm leaning towards art again I'm having a slight crisis because I'm really scared of the idea of committing to art, even though it's my dream. Should I do it? Is it worth it?

Why not take a gap year and take a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at a local college or university? Studying art full time for a year is often helpful in working out if it’s for you or not. Some people realise that they don’t want or enjoy studying art full time or you might find a typo of art and design or media that you absolutely love and that does have the sort of career prospects that you want.

Quick Reply

Latest