The Student Room Group

Crashing higher modern studies (please help!)

Hi I'm going into s5 next year and have decided to crash higher modern studies.

Could anyone give me some insight into what this might look like for me.

It would be especially helpful if anyone one who has crashed higher modern studies could tell me their experience with doing it as I'm quite nervous about it.

Thank you all
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous 543

It would be especially helpful if anyone one who has crashed higher modern studies could tell me their experience with doing it as I'm quite nervous about it.

Thank you all
Ive not crashed it but I have taken it and have friends who are crashing this year! Honestly I would not worry at all it is incredibly common to crash as you don’t carry any prior knowledge over. The Nat 5 course is short answer based bad Higher is essay based. There is some similarities between the source questions but the structure is so different they kind of reteach it anyway. The essays are very formulaic and I found it to be my easiest subject last year. I think the hardest part is the assignment but that’s only a small percentage of your grade! Let me know if you have any more questions so best of luck to you x
Reply 2
Original post by M2006

Thank you all
Ive not crashed it but I have taken it and have friends who are crashing this year! Honestly I would not worry at all it is incredibly common to crash as you don’t carry any prior knowledge over. The Nat 5 course is short answer based bad Higher is essay based. There is some similarities between the source questions but the structure is so different they kind of reteach it anyway. The essays are very formulaic and I found it to be my easiest subject last year. I think the hardest part is the assignment but that’s only a small percentage of your grade! Let me know if you have any more questions so best of luck to you x

What subjects did u take along with it? And thank your that really made me fell less nervous about next year. :smile:
Reply 3

What subjects did u take along with it? And thank your that really made me fell less nervous about next year. :smile:In fifth year I took Higher maths, english, art and design and geography alongside mods!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending