r(tan60r)
r=6
General formula = -n√(3)
What I've done is:
3n . . . . . . . . . 5
r(tan60r) - r(tan60r)
r=1. . . . . . . . r=1
and i got -n√(3) - -(5/3)√(3)
But this seems to be wrong as the mark scheme gives it as -n√(3) -(-2√(3)) or rather -n√(3) + 2√(3)

I am lost.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
A bit hard to read, but I guess they want you to think about what happens for r=6.

Note it helps to post an image or ... of the original question and your working.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mqb2766
A bit hard to read, but I guess they want you to think about what happens for r=6.

Note it helps to post an image or ... of the original question and your working.

Screenshot 2023-06-17 215227.png
Soz here's the question. I threw my phone away so I can focus on my revision so I can't take a picture of my working out with my 360p half working camera but all I've done so far was split the summation into the general formulas for 1 up to 3n minus 1 up to 5

edit: oops didnt mean to attach the practice paper but hey extra revision for whoever sees this
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by stinkfartpc
Screenshot 2023-06-17 215227.png
Soz here's the question. I threw my phone away so I can focus on my revision so I can't take a picture of my working out with my 360p half working camera but all I've done so far was split the summation into the general formulas for 1 up to 3n minus 1 up to 5

Ok, so did you think about r=6 and why they put 3k as the upper summation limit?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by mqb2766
Ok, so did you think about r=6 and why they put 3k as the upper summation limit?

Yeah I saw how that would lead to adding 2sqrt3 but I don't understand why it wouldn't be adding 5/3sqrt3 if its 6 up to 3n
Reply 5
Original post by stinkfartpc
Yeah I saw how that would lead to adding 2sqrt3 but I don't understand why it wouldn't be adding 5/3sqrt3 if its 6 up to 3n

Can you have a fractional k, so if the upper limit was 1, so k=1/3, does the summation result hold?
Reply 6
Original post by mqb2766
Can you have a fractional k, so if the upper limit was 1, so k=1/3, does the summation result hold?

Ohhh ok I see now, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest