Reply 263
Has anyone phoned them to ask?
They said within the next two weeks 🙏🙏🙏
Original post by harriskhan123
Hi @Newcastle University,
When can we expect to hear back ?

cooold hahah
Reply 266
Does anyone know if there’s a way you can view uploaded documents on the Newcastle application portal?
Are we meant to have uploaded documents ?
Reply 268
Original post by Dental man
Are we meant to have uploaded documents ?

It’s not for dentistry, it’s for biomed, I applied for both courses as a gap year student, and you have to upload copies of a level certificates if you do it that way
Original post by NL315
It’s not for dentistry, it’s for biomed, I applied for both courses as a gap year student, and you have to upload copies of a level certificates if you do it that way

Ah okay, got me all stressed for a sec.
how does the accom process work for ncl, do you need an offer first?
Reply 271
Original post by temp16750

i would think so yeah. very unusual to be able to book accom without an offer
Original post by temp16750

I think they open all accommodations at the same time once the offers have been made, from memory you put which you’d prefer and they try give you what you ask for
But I’d say took into private halls not uni halls they’re often cheaper and have like a washer in your kitchen, you don’t realise how much the laundry rooms add up to when you’re paying for it 😂😂
Original post by tooth.fairy.
I think they open all accommodations at the same time once the offers have been made, from memory you put which you’d prefer and they try give you what you ask for
But I’d say took into private halls not uni halls they’re often cheaper and have like a washer in your kitchen, you don’t realise how much the laundry rooms add up to when you’re paying for it 😂😂

Some a bit further out have like gyms in them and cinema rooms and stuff. The uni ones are basic but they’re on campus which is the benefit, but I did my last degree in Newcastle and I lived in private halls in Shieldfield and it was a 15 min walk to uni it wasn’t bad whatsoever and I saved £30 per week this way
we're not going to hear back anytime soon. They won't send it out during Easter break most unis don't work during the holidays so when they say 2 weeks, what they probably mean is after easter. Expect offers/rejections either after those holidays or end of April. It'll take at least a month, other dental schools take that much time or longer.
Reply 275
Original post by EquivocateU2
we're not going to hear back anytime soon. They won't send it out during Easter break most unis don't work during the holidays so when they say 2 weeks, what they probably mean is after easter. Expect offers/rejections either after those holidays or end of April. It'll take at least a month, other dental schools take that much time or longer.

They can’t really leave it til end up April if offer holder day is May 11th because that doesn’t give people enough time to make travel plans etc. if they’ve said two weeks then it’s probs two weeks, admin teams are still working, I phoned today about a separate thing and spoke to admissions so they still are working. Idk just want to be put out of my misery now lol
Original post by EquivocateU2

U think ? Last year they heard back a week after all interviews had been concluded (DHT included). Also they said they’ll get back to us within 2 weeks after the final interview which was 22nd, so makes sense that we would hear back either tomorrow or during next week after Easter Monday.
Original post by harriskhan123
U think ? Last year they heard back a week after all interviews had been concluded (DHT included). Also they said they’ll get back to us within 2 weeks after the final interview which was 22nd, so makes sense that we would hear back either tomorrow or during next week after Easter Monday.

When I went before my interview was 25th Feb and I got my offer 3rd March (this was 2020) - but it doesn’t take them long!
When I went before my interview was 25th Feb and I got my offer 3rd March (this was 2020) - but it doesn’t take them long!

Hopefully we’ll hear back soon then 🙏
Reply 279

That’s still a week isn’t it? So probs tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest