The Student Room Group

Newcastle Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Dentistry2024
Called the school this afternoon

oh wow, great news then. Thank you
Original post by mmimimimi529
the wait is killing meeeeei really really really want to get into newcastle, i live here and i dont want to move away. i know its a high ucat uni and my ucat is quite low, i have an interview for qmul but i honestly dont want to go there anymore id rather stay here, im so worried that i will be rejected from ncl and will have to move to london, if not take a gap year or do my 5th choice at ncl.

What ucat did u get if u don’t mind me asking?
Original post by Iluvshawarmak
What ucat did u get if u don’t mind me asking?

2540....... ikr im done for

someone i know actually got a med interview at ncl with 25-- ucat so i have a little bit more hope, im leaving it all up to god now lol
The UCAT threshold seems to be lower this year, from looking at the UCATs of people invited to interviews at Newcastle from the medicine thread.
Original post by diamond603
The UCAT threshold seems to be lower this year, from looking at the UCATs of people invited to interviews at Newcastle from the medicine thread.

I don't think thay correlation can be made at all. It depends on the scores of applicants applied in the year. With medicine it follows a more predicted pattern of applicants avoiding Newcastle if their cut off is slightly over the previous year's and normally this is what has pushed it up historically. With dentistry a lot less discussions seem to take place here so provides with less scores intelligence so to speak. But it can very well be that there will be loads of applicants woth over 3000 scores and that pushes the scores up. I certainly do hope that we all get a chance at interview but I don't think we can base anything that goes on in medicine as an example for dentistry. I was a medicine applicant there and followed the patterns.
Reply 45
Original post by mmimimimi529
the wait is killing meeeeei really really really want to get into newcastle, i live here and i dont want to move away. i know its a high ucat uni and my ucat is quite low, i have an interview for qmul but i honestly dont want to go there anymore id rather stay here, im so worried that i will be rejected from ncl and will have to move to london, if not take a gap year or do my 5th choice at ncl.

i am unsure whether you are a first time applicant. Just to give you my experience. try your absolutely hardest at the interview you have no matter if it is in london. you can always travel and it will help you be more independent. I know you may have other ppersonal and familial reasons but not for a second think that it would be too difficult for you to be in london or that uni will not be as good because remember that your aim is to get your degree foremost. all that said, i really hope you manage to get an interview to plead your case, good luck
just got an interview YAYYYYYY
(edited 3 months ago)
just got an interview
Same what ucat score did you get?
Original post by TheNightmare-
Same what ucat score did you get?

2880 Band 1
what about you?
Original post by smokeless-brand
2880 Band 1
what about you?

2800 b2 Got shafted on AR
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 51
Original post by cfash
Just got an interview!!

Same! Well done
Original post by TheNightmare-
Original post by smokeless-brand
2880 Band 1
what about you?

2800 b2 Got shafted on AR

lmao AR was my worst too
Officially secured 4 out of 4 interviews yayyy🙂
Offer as welll thank goooooddddd
Original post by sadejezebel
Officially secured 4 out of 4 interviews yayyy🙂

What unis??
Reply 56
Original post by mynewflossophy
just got an offer YAYYYYYY

Have you already had ur interview?
Original post by Zaynab29
Have you already had ur interview?

no lol I was just too excited to think straight.

interview offer
Original post by Iluvshawarmak
What unis??

glasgow dundee newcastle manchester
Reply 59
what dates did you guys pick, i panicked and picked the early ones. Also, there are So Many interviews...
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest