The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hi,
do i have a chance with a 2700 ucat band 1 and 9999888877 for gcses?
contextual applicant
Reply 21
Original post by choco1234
hi,
do i have a chance with a 2700 ucat band 1 and 9999888877 for gcses?
contextual applicant

Last year 23 entry they interviewed 2600 plus but only offered to 2850 plus according to them. (Unless you’re access Sheffield then it’s lower). Someone above disputes this and said they’re not WP and got an offer at 2610. Their offer is deferred entry to 24 though so technically they could both be correct.
You’d get an interview based on last year.
Reply 22
Original post by Jetjo123
Last year 23 entry they interviewed 2600 plus but only offered to 2850 plus according to them. (Unless you’re access Sheffield then it’s lower). Someone above disputes this and said they’re not WP and got an offer at 2610. Their offer is deferred entry to 24 though so technically they could both be correct.

for access sheffield. i thought only the grades were lowered. does the ucat threshold come down too?
Reply 23
Original post by choco1234
for access sheffield. i thought only the grades were lowered. does the ucat threshold come down too?

Well, idk. I do know someone at Sheffield who asked their friends year 1 dentistry what their UCATS were. They were all very very high, and then a 2780. The 2780 I asked them to find out if they were WP, and they said Access Sheffield.
Reply 24
Original post by simbazzuk
Hi I got 2730 Band 1. Gap year with AAA. Is it worth applying at Sheffield

Me toooo but band 2
Reply 25
Hi I got 2670 B1, is it worth applying to sheffield? If not what other unis would you recommend with this score
Reply 26
Original post by hiuvhehg
Hi I got 2670 B1, is it worth applying to sheffield? If not what other unis would you recommend with this score

You should be fine for Sheffield
Hi I am graduate with 2520 band 2 sjt. I am debating to apply to either cardiff or sheffield. Which one you think is the best?I have heard cardiff is using a point system since last year that is quite harsh.
Reply 28

There’s also someone on a different thread who got 2760 and still got an offer for then and they’re not contextual either for 2023 entry
Reply 29
Original post by Del126373
There’s also someone on a different thread who got 2760 and still got an offer for then and they’re not contextual either for 2023 entry

Yes but depends if they’re telling the truth. Sheffield have no reason to say interviews 2699 and over, offers were 2850 and over of it’s not true. It makes no sense. So idk really what to think.
Reply 30
Yes but depends if they’re telling the truth. Sheffield have no reason to say interviews 2699 and over, offers were 2850 and over of it’s not true. It makes no sense. So idk really what to think.

I don’t think they would be lying multiple people on Sheffields thread for 2023 got interview with around 2700
Reply 31
I don’t think they would be lying multiple people on Sheffields thread for 2023 got interview with around 2700

Perhaps they are access Sheffield? I don’t have the answers, I’m very torn myself. I just feel Sheffield university is more reliable and more likely to provide accurate information. Why would Sheffield say 2850 is lowest offer if it isn’t? I don’t see any benefit to them. Although it is strange that everyone interviewed between 2600-2850 did worse than those over 2850.
Reply 32
Perhaps they are access Sheffield? I don’t have the answers, I’m very torn myself. I just feel Sheffield university is more reliable and more likely to provide accurate information. Why would Sheffield say 2850 is lowest offer if it isn’t? I don’t see any benefit to them. Although it is strange that everyone interviewed between 2600-2850 did worse than those over 2850.

Where did they say 2850 is lowest entry? That was for medicine lol
Reply 33

Idk I doubt that many people are access Sheffield I’ve emailed them so I hope they respond cause I wanna apply soon
Reply 34
Original post by Ibbethy
Where did they say 2850 is lowest entry? That was for medicine lol

lol no it’s also dentistry - I thought the same initially- it’s on UKAT people or medicmind. I can’t remember
lol no it’s also dentistry - I thought the same initially- it’s on UKAT people or medicmind. I can’t remember

It's on the UKCAT people
Reply 36
Idk I doubt that many people are access Sheffield I’ve emailed them so I hope they respond cause I wanna apply soon

I think schools in that area all qualify so Id imagine there are numerous. They get guaranteed interview - interview practise at the uni too. Plus access to lectures so will appear knowledgeable-
What did you ask them? If the 2850 is correct? I hope it’s not. I asked too and they haven’t replied yet.
Reply 37
Original post by ManUtd_21
It's on the UKCAT people

Thanks. I knew i’d defo seen it somewhere.
I was just wondering what people's thoughts were on a non-Welsh student applying to Cardiff?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 39

They quoted it incorrectly, ik people with less than 2850 that got a dent offer

Quick Reply

Latest