The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry 2024 Entry

Welcome to the Sheffield Dentistry 2024 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I got 2730 Band 1. Gap year with AAA. Is it worth applying at Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by simbazzuk
Hi I got 2730 Band 1. Gap year with AAA. Is it worth applying at Sheffield

I think you should be safe with that, just polish up ur personal statement as they tend to put a little emphasis on that.
Reply 3
Thank you I’m thinking about Plymouth Liverpool Newcastle and one other from Sheffield Cardiff and Leeds. Still not sure
Reply 4
Original post by Ibbethy
I think you should be safe with that, just polish up ur personal statement as they tend to put a little emphasis on that.

Can I just ask how you know that? As I’m interested in Sheffield too and wasn’t sure exactly what they emphasised. Thanks 😀
Reply 5
Original post by Jetjo123
Can I just ask how you know that? As I’m interested in Sheffield too and wasn’t sure exactly what they emphasised. Thanks 😀

I just saw it last year on the 2023 thread for Sheffield
Reply 6
What was Sheffield's UCAT cut-off for last year?
Reply 7
Original post by ManUtd_21
What was Sheffield's UCAT cut-off for last year?

It was 2690 i’m pretty sure.
Reply 8
Original post by berryverse
It was 2690 i’m pretty sure.

How do you know? It’s not on their website. I emailed and asked them - they replied it’s released in December. Which isn’t very helpful
Reply 9
Apologies, I just checked and that was the cut off in 2022! The UKCAT people claim that the lowest UCAT given an offer was 2850 in 2023 although I’m not completely confident in its reliability.
Original post by Jetjo123
How do you know? It’s not on their website. I emailed and asked them - they replied it’s released in December. Which isn’t very helpful
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 10
Hi, I got an offer last year and im deferring for 2024 entry- my ucat was 2610 band 2 so dont get put off applying if your ucat isnt the best :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by mdtbop
Hi, I got an offer last year and im deferring for 2024 entry- my ucat was 2610 band 2 so dont get put off applying if your ucat isnt the best :smile:

Are you contextual/access Sheffield or standard applicant?
Reply 12
Standard. But i think my ucat was one of the lowest to get an interview because when I went to the interview and spoke with the other applicants everyone else was alot higher than mine
Reply 13
The rest of my application was good though- a levels were A*A*A and i had a strong personal statement so it shows you can make up for a lower ucat in other areas
Hi guys,

I would really appreciate your help.
I’m on a gap year, I achieved my A level grades in August and they are A*AA. My UCAT is 2600 and band 2. I will be applying through access programmes and I am an English student. Do you think it would be risky if I apply there?
Reply 15
Original post by mdtbop
The rest of my application was good though- a levels were A*A*A and i had a strong personal statement so it shows you can make up for a lower ucat in other areas

Did you apply with predicted or actual A levels?
Reply 16
Original post by mdtbop

Do you think its possible to make up for AAB in A levels with a UCAT of 2940? I have emailed the university and am waiting for their response. My A's are in biology and chemistry and the B is in maths
Reply 17
Original post by TalhaSaif
Do you think its possible to make up for AAB in A levels with a UCAT of 2940? I have emailed the university and am waiting for their response. My A's are in biology and chemistry and the B is in maths

Did you do EPQ? At the open-day they said they can reduce one A level if you got a B at EPQ. So, they give two offers to people in this category. You can go onto their website and read the open-day slides and it tells you how they assess. Fingers crossed for you!
Reply 18
Original post by TalhaSaif

I doubt it, all unis will want AAA minimum. Are you planning on resitting?
Hey guys
im currently year 13 and looking whether to put liverpool or sheffield as my 4th choice (i previously had kings but decided to not go for it bc the requirements are quite high)
Predicted AAA
UCAT 2710 B2
GCSEs: 99888887777
my other choices are birmingham, leeds and plymouth
also for our raw (provisional) marks for EPQ which i did on dental bleaching i got 46/50 which chances are if grade boundaries stay the same will be A* but i dont think dental unis take that into account?
i have a pretty solid PS with a week of work experience and lots of co-curriculars
can anyone tell me which would be stronger for me liverpool or sheffield and if my other choices are sensible pls?

Quick Reply

Latest