The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ibbethy
They quoted it incorrectly, ik people with less than 2850 that got a dent offer

That are there now in year 1 or deferred to 2024? What did they get in their UCAT? Are they access to Sheffield?
Do you think a 2520 score is risky for sheffield?
Reply 42
Original post by Jetjo123
I think schools in that area all qualify so Id imagine there are numerous. They get guaranteed interview - interview practise at the uni too. Plus access to lectures so will appear knowledgeable-
What did you ask them? If the 2850 is correct? I hope it’s not. I asked too and they haven’t replied yet.

I asked originally if they would consider my application with my stats I got 2730 and then replied to that asking about the cut off hopefully they respond tomorrow
Reply 43
Original post by Del126373
I asked originally if they would consider my application with my stats I got 2730 and then replied to that asking about the cut off hopefully they respond tomorrow

I hope so too. If they do can you put it on here? I’ve found the universities to be evasive and non-committal tbh. I just want a yes no answer, but they mainly refer back to their website. Which other 3 do you think you might apply to?
Reply 44
I hope so too. If they do can you put it on here? I’ve found the universities to be evasive and non-committal tbh. I just want a yes no answer, but they mainly refer back to their website. Which other 3 do you think you might apply to?

I will dw and I’m gonna do Glasgow Liverpool and Plymouth wbu
Reply 45
I will dw and I’m gonna do Glasgow Liverpool and Plymouth wbu

Thanks. I think I’m going to do Liverpool, maybe risk Newcastle then I can’t decide if I should go for KCL Plymouth or Birmingham. I keep changing my mind. I liked Cardiff but not Welsh and Sheffield but I’d dismissed it bc of the 2850. If it’s not the case then I’ll go Sheffield.
Reply 46
Thanks. I think I’m going to do Liverpool, maybe risk Newcastle then I can’t decide if I should go for KCL Plymouth or Birmingham. I keep changing my mind. I liked Cardiff but not Welsh and Sheffield but I’d dismissed it bc of the 2850. If it’s not the case then I’ll go Sheffield.

Howd you do in ur ucat I was gonna poly to kcl in thr beginning as well but I’ve already done my a levels and didn’t get an A*
Reply 47
Howd you do in ur ucat I was gonna poly to kcl in thr beginning as well but I’ve already done my a levels and didn’t get an A*

2790 B2
So, Newcastle is a risk.
Reply 48

What did they say to your original ask about if they consider ur application with 2730?
Was sheffield cutoff last year 2600?
Reply 50
Original post by Greekdentist
Was sheffield cutoff last year 2600?

That’s the big question. The university said it’s 2850. For a OFFER not interview - that was lower. I think it was 2690 not 2600 but I’m not 100% sure. Some applicants above are saying that’s incorrect.
However , why would Sheffield say 2850 if it isn’t. Of course contextual/access Sheff might be lower but they only usually publish standard scores.
My advice is email them and ask.
That’s the only way you can be sure. I’m seeing a lot of conflicting and therefore confusing information on student room.
That’s the big question. The university said it’s 2850. For a OFFER not interview - that was lower. I think it was 2690 not 2600 but I’m not 100% sure. Some applicants above are saying that’s incorrect.
However , why would Sheffield say 2850 if it isn’t. Of course contextual/access Sheff might be lower but they only usually publish standard scores.
My advice is email them and ask.
That’s the only way you can be sure. I’m seeing a lot of conflicting and therefore confusing information on student room.

Hey the 2850 was for medicine not dentistry. :wink:
Reply 52
Hey the 2850 was for medicine not dentistry. :wink:

Not according to UKAT people.
Have you been told otherwise by someone at Sheffield? Or just going with posts on here?
Not according to UKAT people.
Have you been told otherwise by someone at Sheffield? Or just going with posts on here?

I found the 2850 cutoff was for medicine if you look on their website.
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/smph/undergraduate/medicine-admissions#B
Also, in last year's tsr thread for sheffield dentistry entry 2023 there were people getting offers with lower than 2850. It is quite difficult to be 100% sure since they haven't published their official cutoff for last year's entry.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 54
I found the 2850 cutoff was for medicine if you look on their website.
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/smph/undergraduate/medicine-admissions#B
Also, in last year's tsr thread for sheffield dentistry entry 2023 there were people getting offers with lower than 2850. It is quite difficult to be 100% sure since they haven't published their official cutoff for last year's entry.

So, with no official confirmation, we really can’t be sure. I’d seen the medicine was 2850. UKAT people could be wrong I suppose but I’d assumed Sheff had told them this data. Unpopular as I’m sure I’ll be for saying this, but, I think some comments on the threads are fictitious/misleading. I know students in year 1 at Sheff and all but one have over 2850. The one who has 2780 was Access Sheff. I e-mailed them a while ago to ask if it was 2850, but I’ve not heard back. Hopefully someone will get a response.
So, with no official confirmation, we really can’t be sure. I’d seen the medicine was 2850. UKAT people could be wrong I suppose but I’d assumed Sheff had told them this data. Unpopular as I’m sure I’ll be for saying this, but, I think some comments on the threads are fictitious/misleading. I know students in year 1 at Sheff and all but one have over 2850. The one who has 2780 was Access Sheff. I e-mailed them a while ago to ask if it was 2850, but I’ve not heard back. Hopefully someone will get a response.

Yeah is so vague. I emailed them too but they haven't replied yet.
I feel that it was around 2600.
Do you think it will be too risky for me (as graduate) to apply there with a ucat score 2520 band 2 SJT?
Reply 56
Yeah is so vague. I emailed them too but they haven't replied yet.
I feel that it was around 2600.
Do you think it will be too risky for me (as graduate) to apply there with a ucat score 2520 band 2 SJT?

Do they assess graduates in the same way? I’d say it’s risky. I think, it’s only my opinion, Leeds is a good option. They don’t know what they’re doing with UCAT and therefore anyone over 2800 are daft to risk it when they have safer options, Liverpool said no cut off so I’d think they’re a good bet. Belfast if GCSE are top notch. Dundee might be worth looking at. Let’s hope Sheffield get back to you. I think other peoples choices will affect us all. The cut offs depend mainly on the candidates each year. My hope is everyone in the top decile is applying to meds not dent 😂
Do they assess graduates in the same way? I’d say it’s risky. I think, it’s only my opinion, Leeds is a good option. They don’t know what they’re doing with UCAT and therefore anyone over 2800 are daft to risk it when they have safer options, Liverpool said no cut off so I’d think they’re a good bet. Belfast if GCSE are top notch. Dundee might be worth looking at. Let’s hope Sheffield get back to you. I think other peoples choices will affect us all. The cut offs depend mainly on the candidates each year. My hope is everyone in the top decile is applying to meds not dent 😂

Hey thanks for your reply. :smile:
Sheffield replied to my foi request today! This is the link
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/dental_surgery_a200_scores?nocache=incoming-2438415#incoming-2438415
Reply 58
Hey thanks for your reply. :smile:
Sheffield replied to my foi request today! This is the link
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/dental_surgery_a200_scores?nocache=incoming-2438415#incoming-2438415

It’s not very helpful is it. 🙁
It’s not very helpful is it. 🙁

I don't undestand how people with such a low ucat score (eg 2200) got an offer? Were they contextuals?

Quick Reply

Latest