The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Del126373
Me too but I got a waiting list email last week too? So kind of confused

Same here. I think we’re still on the waiting list but they still offer us other courses
Hi, offer holder here . How can I join the sc/whatsapp group
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Heyy if anyone here has received an offer I’d really appreciate it if you could message me privately for a bit of help 🥹

(btw I can’t reply to PMs yet as I haven’t had this account for longer than three days yet but I will do soon 🥲)
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by ejeph
hey I have an offer but can't dm yet! Can you send me ur snap and I'll add you?

Me too please!
Did anyone that took up the alternative course offer, recieve an email back after they sent one to suggest they'd seen it?
Original post by Studentt3
Hey, I made a WhatsApp group for applicants, some of us have received offers on there! You can pm me your number and I’ll add you x

Hey, I can't seem to private message you first, would you be able to message me and I can give you my phone number for the whatsapp please? x
Original post by chloe_246
Hey, I can't seem to private message you first, would you be able to message me and I can give you my phone number for the whatsapp please? x

Thanks so much @Studentt3 :smile:
Reply 687
Was anyone able to receive feedback on their interview?
Reply 688
Original post by 321abc
Was anyone able to receive feedback on their interview?

I asked but they didn't give me much to go off icl
Reply 689
Original post by AP²
I asked but they didn't give me much to go off icl

oh I was hoping they’d give good detail 🙁
Reply 690
Original post by 321abc
oh I was hoping they’d give good detail 🙁

This is all they said:
Unfortunately, at interview you did not perform as well as other applicants competing for a place in the Communication, Personal Qualities and Values area of the interview. For the Interpersonal Skills Group task you were assessed as Good.

I would like to thank you for considering the School of Clinical Dentistry and wish you well.

Kind regards

Dr Duncan Wood

BDS Admissions Tutor
Reply 691
This year the School was oversubscribed again, receiving over 900 applications for the 71 places available. The initial screening resulted in approximately 320 applicants being invited for interview.
Applicants were assessed at interview and in the separate Interpersonal Skills Group task. In the Interpersonal Skills Group task applicants were scored on a scale of Poor, Satisfactory, Good and Excellent. In the interview applicants were assessed in the following three main areas:

· Career Exploration
· Motivation to Study at Higher Education Level at Sheffield
· Communication, Personal Qualities and Values

Unfortunately, at interview you did not perform as well as other applicants competing for a place in the Career Exploration area of the interview. For the Interpersonal Skills Group task you were assessed as Excellent.

absolutely gutted
Guys if we’re on the waiting list for Sheffield do you think they’ll update ucas soon with the rejection bc I don’t want to withdraw just in case but I also need all 5 to update on ucas to book accommodation
Reply 693
Original post by Del126373
Guys if we’re on the waiting list for Sheffield do you think they’ll update ucas soon with the rejection bc I don’t want to withdraw just in case but I also need all 5 to update on ucas to book accommodation

I withdrew mine because I needed to book accom as soon as possible also they said they’d remove us off the waiting list if we firmed a place elsewhere so I don’t think there’s use waiting if you hold an offer elsewhere
Those on the waiting list, did u guys get the ucas track update today too?
Original post by Tshalim05

mine came through yesterday evening :,)
Original post by Tshalim05

Yeah yesterday rejection
Original post by 321abc
I withdrew mine because I needed to book accom as soon as possible also they said they’d remove us off the waiting list if we firmed a place elsewhere so I don’t think there’s use waiting if you hold an offer elsewhere

Ohhh okay I didn’t know they remove us thank youuu
Reply 698
Did anyone who is on waiting list get another email from them this morning saying they can’t offer you a place on this course?
Original post by Litea
Did anyone who is on waiting list get another email from them this morning saying they can’t offer you a place on this course?

Yh. I think it’s just an automated email everyone gets when they reject you on ucas. Not too sure tho

Quick Reply

Latest