The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Greekdentist
I don't undestand how people with such a low ucat score (eg 2200) got an offer? Were they contextuals?

Yep
Reply 61
I don't undestand how people with such a low ucat score (eg 2200) got an offer? Were they contextuals?

I think they must be. I think published info doesn’t include contextual candidates. So, when people say they got an interview/offer they might have access Sheff. It seems weird they state giving cutoffs for 2023 puts them at a disadvantage.
Reply 62
Original post by Jetjo123
I think they must be. I think published info doesn’t include contextual candidates. So, when people say they got an interview/offer they might have access Sheff. It seems weird they state giving cutoffs for 2023 puts them at a disadvantage.

I can’t see the 2850 anymore on UKATpeople
Reply 63
Original post by Jetjo123
2790 B2
So, Newcastle is a risk.

That’s really good did they have a cut off last year I’ve not even really looked I didn’t even consider them😭
Hey I got 2640 band 1 and I have 8 9’s 2 8’s and a 6 (in French) at gcse. I am predicted 4 A* and not sure what to apply for. So far I’m apply Leeds Liverpool and Cardiff but I can’t decide whether to apply kcl Birmingham or Sheffield. All of them are pretty risky with kcl being the least due to there lowest Ucat of around 2300. Any recommendations?
Original post by Hollywolly123
Hey I got 2640 band 1 and I have 8 9’s 2 8’s and a 6 (in French) at gcse. I am predicted 4 A* and not sure what to apply for. So far I’m apply Leeds Liverpool and Cardiff but I can’t decide whether to apply kcl Birmingham or Sheffield. All of them are pretty risky with kcl being the least due to there lowest Ucat of around 2300. Any recommendations?

Yes the lowest is 2300 but it could be due to contextual factors/KCL summer school which has lower entry requirements. For non-contextual KCL requires applicants to have a high UCAT, last year the average (to be interviewed) was ~2800.
Reply 66
Original post by toothysmile
Yes the lowest is 2300 but it could be due to contextual factors/KCL summer school which has lower entry requirements. For non-contextual KCL requires applicants to have a high UCAT, last year the average (to be interviewed) was ~2800.

So for non contextual applicants what was the cut-off? If they got 1000 applications there can’t be that many contextual applicants and they might still have a high UCAT.
Original post by toothysmile

It says online it was non contextual and as they do it holistically I thought that could be safer than the other options whose cut off is higher than mine
Reply 68
Hey thanks for your reply. :smile:
Sheffield replied to my foi request today! This is the link
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/dental_surgery_a200_scores?nocache=incoming-2438415#incoming-2438415

is their response for 2022 then or 2023?
Original post by choco1234
is their response for 2022 then or 2023?

For 2022 since they cannot disclose the 2023 scores before december unfortunately.
Also, I replied to this foi if they can provide which scores where contextuals as in that doc it appears that people with lower scores got an interview and offer.
Reply 70
For 2022 since they cannot disclose the 2023 scores before december unfortunately.
Also, I replied to this foi if they can provide which scores where contextuals as in that doc it appears that people with lower scores got an interview and offer.

okay thanks, please let us know what they say :smile:
Reply 71
The cut off was definitely not 2850 and ukcatpeople have removed it from their website, that was the medicine cut off. Also the anime profile pic person on last years thread got an offer with 2680 band 2, non contextual, and others probably have with lower ucat scores that aren't on tsr.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 72
Original post by sidraaa.05
Hey guys
im currently year 13 and looking whether to put liverpool or sheffield as my 4th choice (i previously had kings but decided to not go for it bc the requirements are quite high)
Predicted AAA
UCAT 2710 B2
GCSEs: 99888887777
my other choices are birmingham, leeds and plymouth
also for our raw (provisional) marks for EPQ which i did on dental bleaching i got 46/50 which chances are if grade boundaries stay the same will be A* but i dont think dental unis take that into account?
i have a pretty solid PS with a week of work experience and lots of co-curriculars
can anyone tell me which would be stronger for me liverpool or sheffield and if my other choices are sensible pls?

Your stats are really similar to mine and i’m doing Birmingham,Leeds,Liverpool and either Cardiff/Sheffield i’m not sure 😭I feel like Plymouth is already a safe option for you so if you really want to go for Sheffield i’d say go for it. I think i’m going to do the same as Liverpool is my safe option !
Reply 73
Original post by b.bak
The cut off was definitely not 2850 and ukcatpeople have removed it from their website, that was the medicine cut off. Also the anime profile pic person on last years thread got an offer with 2680 band 2, non contextual, and others probably have with lower ucat scores that aren't on tsr.

Do you think I should go for Sheffield with a Ucat of 2720 Band 2 ?( dentistry)
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 74
Original post by saibakhan
Do you think I should go for Sheffield with a Ucat of 2720 Band 2 ?

So what was their cut-off?
Original post by b.bak
Reply 75
Your stats are really similar to mine and i’m doing Birmingham,Leeds,Liverpool and either Cardiff/Sheffield i’m not sure 😭I feel like Plymouth is already a safe option for you so if you really want to go for Sheffield i’d say go for it. I think i’m going to do the same as Liverpool is my safe option !

sheffield give you an offer of AAA or if you have an EPQ of a B or above a reduced offer for the A levels. I did write it down and could look later if you can’t see it on their website but their presentation is on there for people who did not attend the openday. I think it was AAB but I can’t be sure.
Reply 76

are u contextual for birmingham by any chance? if not then what was the cut off for interview cos i thought it was like 2800
guys don't look at the lowest ucat scores for offer holders! they aren't an offer holder because of their ucat, only because of their interview performance.
the ucat is only considered when shortlisting for interview. at interview, it's a level playing field for everyone. it would be more useful to look at average/lowest ucat score that was interviewed :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by choco1234
are u contextual for birmingham by any chance? if not then what was the cut off for interview cos i thought it was like 2800

Nope , not contextual . Birmingham say they don’t have a UCAT cut off ! It’s definitely not 2800😭 The lowest taken for an interview last year was 2740 , but a lot less people took the UCAT this year so it might go down slightly idk. Also if you do get chosen for an interview, they don’t consider your UCAT when giving out offers, they only look at your interview performance. (I got 2720 btw)
2720 is really good! Sheffield should be okay I believe their cut off was around 2680-2690.
Nope , not contextual . Birmingham say they don’t have a UCAT cut off ! It’s definitely not 2800😭 The lowest taken for an interview last year was 2740 , but a lot less people took the UCAT this year so it might go down slightly idk. Also if you do get chosen for an interview, they don’t consider your UCAT when giving out offers, they only look at your interview performance. (I got 2720 btw)

Quick Reply

Latest