The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by saibakhan
Nope , not contextual . Birmingham say they don’t have a UCAT cut off ! It’s definitely not 2800😭 The lowest taken for an interview last year was 2740 , but a lot less people took the UCAT this year so it might go down slightly idk. Also if you do get chosen for an interview, they don’t consider your UCAT when giving out offers, they only look at your interview performance. (I got 2720 btw)

if they don't have a cut off how was the lowest invite to interview 2740 :frown: hope it does go down for you tho, i got 2700 and am a bit weary to apply there
Reply 81
Original post by choco1234
if they don't have a cut off how was the lowest invite to interview 2740 :frown: hope it does go down for you tho, i got 2700 and am a bit weary to apply there

It might have been other factors that came into play such as academics and personal statement. They don’t have a specific cut off that they look at ! Thank you, hope it goes well for u too ! I think 2700 is a good score , if you have at least two safe choices i would say defo go for it as long as u have strong GCSEs and personal statement!
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 82
Hi All,
I've got 8 - 9s and 3 - 8s in GCSE
Predicted A level - A* A* A
UCAT - 2640
SJT -B2

Need help with 4th choice -
Birmingham / Sheffield / Leeds ?

Can you suggest ?
Thank you
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 83
Original post by MIL1420
Hi All,
I've got 8 - 9s and 3 - 8s in GCSE
Predicted A level - A* A* A
UCAT - 2640
SJT -B2

Need help with 4th choice -
Birmingham
Sheffield
Leeds

Can you suggest ?
Thank you

Your GCSES and predicted r rlly good. It’s just your UCAT that might hold you back. I’d say go for a safe choice like Liverpool (if u want stay in the UK) that do not have as high ucat requirements compared to your other 3!
Other options could be Plymouth/Cardiff
Reply 84
Your GCSES and predicted r rlly good. It’s just your UCAT that might hold you back. I’d say go for a safe choice like Liverpool (if u want stay in the UK) that do not have as high ucat requirements compared to your other 3!
Other options could be Plymouth/Cardiff

Thank you. I'm considering these as first 3 choices, can't decide the 4th one.
Reply 85
Hi, do you need a lot of work experience in your personal statement to get an interview at Sheffield because i saw a lot of people get rejected because of 'lack of career exploration'(even though they had rlly good stats).Im guessing they weigh the personal statement highly.
Reply 86
Original post by tegapog
Hi, do you need a lot of work experience in your personal statement to get an interview at Sheffield because i saw a lot of people get rejected because of 'lack of career exploration'(even though they had rlly good stats).Im guessing they weigh the personal statement highly.

If you take a look at the open day presentation on their website, it shows you exactly what they look for in their PS
Reply 87
Original post by Del126373
There’s also someone on a different thread who got 2760 and still got an offer for then and they’re not contextual either for 2023 entry

i got 2820 and wasnt interviewed last year and the reason they gave was that my ucat was too low??
Reply 88
Original post by TalhaSaif
i got 2820 and wasnt interviewed last year and the reason they gave was that my ucat was too low??

what was your band ?

Sheffield also score PS
Reply 90
Original post by toothysmile
Sheffield also score PS

You happen to know if Glasgow score PS / use it a lot pre interview?
Original post by Ibbethy
You happen to know if Glasgow score PS / use it a lot pre interview?

No sorry - have you checked their webpage? If so double-check as sometimes they can say so but you'll have to hunt for it.
Reply 92
what was your band ?

band 2
Reply 93
Original post by toothysmile
Sheffield also score PS

i know that but the only reason given was my ucat. anyways im applying there again this year with a score of 2940 :smile:
Reply 94
anyone know if mmieasyprep is good mmi course for dentistry mmis. Or any other? I'm really stressing about preparation lol.
Reply 95
Hi,
I got 2780 Band 2 in my Ucat, A*A*A* in my predictors and 9999999988887 in my gcses (and an A in fsmq though I don’t think that counts for much) and I’m struggling between deciding to apply for Manchester or Sheffield as I’m not sure the chances of getting an interview because of my ucat? (I’m already pretty much decided on applying to Kings, Leeds, and Birmingham)
Thanks in advance
Reply 96
Original post by dc24
Hi,
I got 2780 Band 2 in my Ucat, A*A*A* in my predictors and 9999999988887 in my gcses (and an A in fsmq though I don’t think that counts for much) and I’m struggling between deciding to apply for Manchester or Sheffield as I’m not sure the chances of getting an interview because of my ucat? (I’m already pretty much decided on applying to Kings, Leeds, and Birmingham)
Thanks in advance

I would say you’re much safer for Sheffield, the Manchester cutoff this year was 2800
Reply 97
Original post by Ibbethy
Original post by dc24
Hi,
Thanks in advance

I would say you’re much safer for Sheffield, the Manchester cutoff this year was 2800

True and Sheffield look at applications holistically don’t they?
Reply 98

You’re joking really??! Damn I’ve applied now
Original post by Del126373
You’re joking really??! Damn I’ve applied now

People got offers with way lower UCAT scores in 2022 according freedom of information which i’ve linked below. Perhaps their VR or band was low which is important to Sheffield but of course I don’t know. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/dental_surgery_a200_scores?nocache=incoming-2438415#incoming-2438415
Are you contextual this might give you an even better chance?
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest