The Student Room Group

Is 4 years after A levels too late to apply to uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by __Orangutan__
In hindsight, it would have been a good idea but I didn't even know about the recent study requirement until today so I couldn't have asked them about it. From what I gather, there's the possibility that they could offer me a place on the course but with a foundation year instead, that's extremely unappealing to me but ultimately I might not have a choice. Like you said, waiting and seeing is all I can do now.

If they all came back as rejections, (which is a bit unlikely), then I would recommend an Access to HE course rather than a foundation year. A FY is tied to the uni delivering it, whereas an access course will at least keep options open.

But only something to think about when all the decisions have come back.
Original post by Admit-One
If they all came back as rejections, (which is a bit unlikely), then I would recommend an Access to HE course rather than a foundation year. A FY is tied to the uni delivering it, whereas an access course will at least keep options open.

But only something to think about when all the decisions have come back.

Honestly I couldn't afford an Access course and I seriously doubt I'd be able to complete one anyway in my current environment. A foundation year whilst being something I'd very much prefer to avoid would at the very least put me in a much better location.

This might seem like a stupid question but is there any chance the universities I've applied to will flat out ignore my application and not bother rejecting or accepting me?
Original post by __Orangutan__
Honestly I couldn't afford an Access course and I seriously doubt I'd be able to complete one anyway in my current environment. A foundation year whilst being something I'd very much prefer to avoid would at the very least put me in a much better location.

This might seem like a stupid question but is there any chance the universities I've applied to will flat out ignore my application and not bother rejecting or accepting me?

Yeah, I appreciate that the FY would give you access to funding, just be aware it will effectively lock you in to that uni, (with some exceptions, but no guarantees).

Second question: not really. A handful of apps get to the decision deadline and get rejected automatically by UCAS each year, but the reality is that nearly all applicants get a decision, (especially in your case as you've applied pretty early).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending