The Student Room Group

Cambridge admissions question

Hello, I was wanting to ask a question regarding admissions, as I was worried about something. At the moment, I am aiming to apply for Cambridge, however, due to reasons, this Y12 academic year was pretty awful for my mental health, and I am only now starting to generally stabilise. At the moment, my predicted grades are A*A*AB, and I want to apply for maths, and I am fully aware that my predicted grades currently do not lie where they need to be. I was wondering if I still had time to pull it around, as I am freaking out that because I have not been able to focus this year, I am concerned putting complete focus on it all for just one year may not yield favourable results. I should note, for predicted grades, my college have told me that because of where I want to apply, they are fine putting higher ones up and generally gassing me up, so I think the application itself is fine, but I am concerned more so about getting what I need to get, as I am just below currently. Sorry I know the first bit reads a bit 'Sob story' ish so sorry about that, I just did not know how to write that bit.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I was wanting to ask a question regarding admissions, as I was worried about something. At the moment, I am aiming to apply for Cambridge, however, due to reasons, this Y12 academic year was pretty awful for my mental health, and I am only now starting to generally stabilise. At the moment, my predicted grades are A*A*AB, and I want to apply for maths, and I am fully aware that my predicted grades currently do not lie where they need to be. I was wondering if I still had time to pull it around, as I am freaking out that because I have not been able to focus this year, I am concerned putting complete focus on it all for just one year may not yield favourable results. I should note, for predicted grades, my college have told me that because of where I want to apply, they are fine putting higher ones up and generally gassing me up, so I think the application itself is fine, but I am concerned more so about getting what I need to get, as I am just below currently. Sorry I know the first bit reads a bit 'Sob story' ish so sorry about that, I just did not know how to write that bit.

Cambridge maths offers are typically A*A*A depending on ur mark in the STEP paper. It sounds like you're on the right track it's nowhere near too late to pull it out the bag. Just focus up over the summer and as long as you're fine using one of ur choices on Cambridge there's no reason why you shouldn't give it a try just be aware it's a difficult process and there's no guarantee of getting in, so if Ur not up for that then maybe it ain't for u.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

You only need A*A*A for a Cambridge Maths offer, so your predictions are fine as they are :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending