The Student Room Group

For those in Cambridge

Just got my maths interview in Cambridge. I don’t think it went that well. In my first interview I was only able to answer the first question fully, second question partly and tbh I couldn’t say almost anything about the third one. In my second interview, I did the first one fully had some problem with the second one and solved the third one with couple of hints.

I don’t think that I will get an offer but I wanted to ask the ones in Cambridge, how did your interviews go? (Especially for the ones in maths)
Original post by Anonymous #1
Just got my maths interview in Cambridge. I don’t think it went that well. In my first interview I was only able to answer the first question fully, second question partly and tbh I couldn’t say almost anything about the third one. In my second interview, I did the first one fully had some problem with the second one and solved the third one with couple of hints.

I don’t think that I will get an offer but I wanted to ask the ones in Cambridge, how did your interviews go? (Especially for the ones in maths)scratch games

It's common to feel uncertain about how interviews went, and interview experiences can vary widely. Many successful applicants to Cambridge also find the interviews challenging. It's important to keep in mind that the admissions team is looking for potential and your ability to think critically, rather than expecting you to answer every question perfectly.
Reflect on what you learned from the experience, whether it's in terms of problem-solving skills, communication, or areas where you can improve. This reflection can be valuable regardless of the outcome.
Remember that the interview is just one aspect of the application, and the admissions team considers your overall academic record, personal statement, and teacher references. It's okay to feel uncertain, and it doesn't necessarily predict the outcome. Focus on the aspects you can control, such as preparing for any additional steps in the application process and maintaining a positive attitude.
Good luck, and I hope you receive positive news from Cambridge!
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending