The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

bath accommodation

so i need to apply for accommodation and first of all i was wondering what the eat and drink credit was and if there's any benefit to it? secondly , does anyone have any advice on deciding what accommodation to choose, thank you!
Hi @astrostial!

I am sorry for the late reply. If you head on over to the Official University of Bath accommodation thread there is lots of information and discussion about eat and drink credit among as well as loads of other accommodation topics :smile: In terms of eat and drink credit its a very individual decision as to whether it is worth it. Whilst the eateries on-campus are all reasonably priced for students, and your eat and drink credit does earn you a 10% discount, you will still need to supplement it with grocery shopping as it is very unlikely to cover all of your meals. Plus, it often works out cheaper if you buy ingredients from a supermarket in town and cook for yourself, so if saving money is really important to you then this is something to consider.

The main advice I would give is to think about the factors that are important to you, and your individual needs. For example, what is your budget and how much are you willing to pay per week? Would you like an ensuite? Campus or city? Would you like a smaller flat group (e.g. 5-7 students) or would you be happier in a larger group (e.g. 15-18)? I appreciate that choosing and applying for accommodation can be a really daunting time, but one thing I would say is that it is often the people you end up sharing with which makes your university experience, rather than the accommodation itself - so even if you do not get your first choice you may end up meeting some fantastic characters! :smile:

I hope that helps - wishing you the best of luck!

Holly
University of Bath
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest