The Student Room Group

year 12

I didn't get good predicted grades in year 12. I am thinking about doing year 12 again in a different school. Is it possible? My current school doesn't have good teaching staff in my chosen subjects and teachers keep resigning.
Original post by quofrannemmawo
I didn't get good predicted grades in year 12. I am thinking about doing year 12 again in a different school. Is it possible? My current school doesn't have good teaching staff in my chosen subjects and teachers keep resigning.

nothing is stopping you from moving schools to redo year 12 but still apply to universities even if you've not met the entry requirements immediately. i got lower than expected predicteds but still got 3 offers from my preferred russell group unis

Yes it is possible and it is not uncommon for students to repeat year 12 (due to poor experience, choosing wrong subjects, etc.). Starting uni a year later isn't an issue either.
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
Yes it is possible and it is not uncommon for students to repeat year 12 (due to poor experience, choosing wrong subjects, etc.). Starting uni a year later isn't an issue either.

I spoke to the school regarding repeating year 12 but they said It is not allowed. I am a bit confused, Can you please let me know who should I need to contact regarding this?
I spoke to the school regarding repeating year 12 but they said It is not allowed. I am a bit confused, Can you please let me know who should I need to contact regarding this?

If they won't let you, then consider changing schools.

Quick Reply

Latest