The Student Room Group

Am I in the wrong for saying no (answers are rlly appreciated)

My father called me and asked "Can you pick up ...(my brother)". I was really tired so I said no. Then after a while my mum comes downstairs (where i was at the time) and gets very angry at me and lectures me saying how saying no was rude and that I was being helpless, then told me her life story on how she helped her own father

The thing is i was really tired and my eyes were very heavy and I still am as i'm writing and I think that she thinks that i said no in a rude way but i really physically couldn't pick him up

Am I really in the wrong here???
Do you mean physically pick up? Why did you have to do it and why could nobody else have done it? The action and response is sounding very unreasonable at the moment.
Reply 2
Depends how truly tired you are to the point where it would be unsafe driving. Or if you're just being a princess.
From the information you’ve given, I don’t think you’re in the wrong. Because it’s not your responsibility to pick up your brother in the first place but if you’re too tired to pick him up safely then it’s totally reasonable to say no
Meh, It does sound like you are milking 'tired' a bit and just couldn't be bothered and I have to presume your father asked you to do this for a reason.
Reply 5
Original post by SagaciousSag
Do you mean physically pick up? Why did you have to do it and why could nobody else have done it? The action and response is sounding very unreasonable at the moment.

yeah, as in going to school and picking him up from class and coming back home
Reply 6
Original post by dooby_boss
My father called me and asked "Can you pick up ...(my brother)". I was really tired so I said no. Then after a while my mum comes downstairs (where i was at the time) and gets very angry at me and lectures me saying how saying no was rude and that I was being helpless, then told me her life story on how she helped her own father

The thing is i was really tired and my eyes were very heavy and I still am as i'm writing and I think that she thinks that i said no in a rude way but i really physically couldn't pick him up

Am I really in the wrong here???

think u shoula, u probs done loads for u in he past. maybe when he was 'reall tired' he probs had to pick u up and do all sorts
i get u, u couldnt but u i think u shouldve... again, ur father does lots for u

Quick Reply

Latest