The Student Room Group

Public Health ST1 Programme 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ph2022
I rejected my dual training offer and have taken the stand-alone PH post, so if anyone is waiting for a dual training post or upgrade, they may be in luck!

I’m ranked 17 for dual training and have ranked most locations so feeling very cautiously optimistic! 🙂 thanks for sharing & congratulations on accepting an offer!
Original post by Ph2022
I rejected my dual training offer and have taken the stand-alone PH post, so if anyone is waiting for a dual training post or upgrade, they may be in luck!
Which locations did you get and where were you hoping for, if you don’t mind me asking?
I have also rejected a dual offer in North Cumbria for anyone interested. I hope one of you will get it!
Original post by Anonymous #21
I think it ends in April. Were you very selective in your choice of training sites?

Ah okay, thanks!

I was, yes - just trying to be realistic in terms of relocating and still being close-ish to my family - but I’ve since included a few more areas.
Original post by philg99
I was ranked just below you and did get an offer, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility you'll still get something - it'll just depend on how flexible you are in terms of placement location and how many people higher up decline offers.
For what it's worth, I think this was something like my sixth or seventh attempt at getting a placement, and the first time I've succeeded. I wouldn't give up, if it's something you'd really like to do. I've got to the point where I've carried on with my career regardless of the scheme, and viewed it as an unlikely bonus if it were to come off.

That’s great news, well done - especially after so many years.

Thank you - I appreciate that. This is my fourth attempt but you’re right - there’s no harm in continuing to apply. It just takes a lot of time and energy!
Original post by em2018
I have an offer for dual, do you mind direct messaging me? I can’t message you as you are anonymous
Also have accepted a dual offer so would love to know if anyone has a clue what this might look like!
Original post by WillowTree2020
Hey, I don’t know much but also holding an offer for Scotland! :smile:
I was told you can do MSc anywhere in Scotland, not only at the university nearest to your site. Apart from that I don’t have much info.

Hey thanks so much only seeing this now, that is really helpful to know!
Anyone know why preferences are open again? I thought they closed them on Weds 5pm, but now it's saying 1st April.
Does anyone know what the salary is? I did know this when I first applied but finding it strangely difficult to find.
Original post by Anonymous #66
Anyone know why preferences are open again? I thought they closed them on Weds 5pm, but now it's saying 1st April.
There was another round of offers this morning. They open them after each round.
I am ranked 118 no offer... did anyone with a ranking close to me get one? Wondering how likely it is...
Original post by Anonymous #73
Does anyone know what the salary is? I did know this when I first applied but finding it strangely difficult to find.

Check on page 46 of the thread. There were some replies to this
Original post by anon234564
I am ranked 118 no offer... did anyone with a ranking close to me get one? Wondering how likely it is...

So far, the lowest ranking with an offer I've seen on here is 105.
Has anyone been automatically upgraded with the new round of offers this morning?
Original post by Anonymous #67
So far, the lowest ranking with an offer I've seen on here is 105.

I had an offer with 107 (I'm not able to take it based on location so one will be free in the west Midlands)
Original post by Anonymous #59
I had an offer with 107 (I'm not able to take it based on location so one will be free in the west Midlands)

Thanks for your response. Fingers crossed for an upgrade.
Does anyone know when scores/feedback will be released? I thought I saw 1st April somewhere but now can't find that and it's a bank holiday so I guess not then!
Original post by Anonymous #67
It's not very far off from last year. 179 of 244 this year. Last year it was 195 of 252

Mine was the same this year and last year so think that's just the generic ranking if you fail the interview 😬
Original post by Anonymous #75
Has anyone been automatically upgraded with the new round of offers this morning?

I got an upgrade which I am accepting. I was holding my previous offer.
Original post by 82frankie
I got an upgrade which I am accepting. I was holding my previous offer.
Would you be open to sharing what rank you were? Or what your original offer is vs your upgraded one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending