The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University Accommodation

Hello, I went for an open day recently and I got to view: New Barnes (En-suite) and horwood.

I was planning on using most of my maintenance loan on my accommodation as I will have a part time job to do on weekends. I wasn't sure which one to choose out of all the accommodation. Preferably, I would like my own en-suite and a lower amount of people sharing a kitchen but I don't mind at the end of the day. I did the estimate calculator for the maintenance loan on the gov site and I could give or take get any, its just if I want to save money or not.

Do I find out my maintenance loan before or after I apply for accommodation?

Can anyone give me any insight? Such as how were each areas, which ones I should avoid etc.

Thank you
Reply 1
Hello, fellow keele student here going into second year. I was in horwood for first year and it was a solid 6.5/10. My amazing flatmates made the horwood experience better so for horwood it really depends on your flatmates. We did have issues with fridge, freezer and cupboard space with one flatmate having no freezer space for the whole year. For my horwood block it was a kitchen on each floor with about 12-13 per floor. In some other horwood blocks it’s more people with only one big kitchen at the bottom. For year 2 I’m in barnes en suite and I’ve heard it’s great, you have fridge space etc but that’s all I’ve heard tbh
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, fellow keele student here going into second year. I was in horwood for first year and it was a solid 6.5/10. My amazing flatmates made the horwood experience better so for horwood it really depends on your flatmates. We did have issues with fridge, freezer and cupboard space with one flatmate having no freezer space for the whole year. For my horwood block it was a kitchen on each floor with about 12-13 per floor. In some other horwood blocks it’s more people with only one big kitchen at the bottom. For year 2 I’m in barnes en suite and I’ve heard it’s great, you have fridge space etc but that’s all I’ve heard tbh

Thank you for the reply :smile:

One of the horwood blocks I went to told me they had to share a kitchen with like 20 people. The £137 and £134 one are similar but the £134 one has a bigger room less kitchen space and £137 is the opposite so Im not exactly sure which one to pick out of either.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest