The Student Room Group

Student finance compelling personal reasons query

Hi, please could someone help.

I’ve completed two years of uni so far one foundation year of social work, however someone in my family fell Ill, in order to progress to the next year I had to complete a placement which I couldn’t do because I had to look after my family member. I then stopped my dream of becoming a social worker and transferred to counselling bsc instead. The counselling course has been found out to not be accredited something that was not highlighted when I started the degree and this class is useless. I want to do an accelerated degree 2 years but will only have 1 year of funding. Can I apply for CPR?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rhianna268
Hi, please could someone help.

I’ve completed two years of uni so far one foundation year of social work, however someone in my family fell Ill, in order to progress to the next year I had to complete a placement which I couldn’t do because I had to look after my family member. I then stopped my dream of becoming a social worker and transferred to counselling bsc instead. The counselling course has been found out to not be accredited something that was not highlighted when I started the degree and this class is useless. I want to do an accelerated degree 2 years but will only have 1 year of funding. Can I apply for CPR?

Hi Rhianna,

Yes, you can apply for this if you had a caring responsibility. You would just send a letter advising you are applying for CPR and state when this took place and then upload any evidence along with this to confirm. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Rhianna,

Yes, you can apply for this if you had a caring responsibility. You would just send a letter advising you are applying for CPR and state when this took place and then upload any evidence along with this to confirm. Thanks, Jason

Hi thanks for answering Jason,

Can I upload this online?

Thanks
Hi thanks for answering Jason,

Can I upload this online?

Thanks

Yes, you can digitally upload this to your online account. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Yes, you can digitally upload this to your online account. Thanks, Jason

Sorry to be annoying,

One more question
How long does this take to be reviewed.
Also how will someone know I’ve uploaded my letter?
Sorry to be annoying,

One more question
How long does this take to be reviewed.
Also how will someone know I’ve uploaded my letter?

It takes an estimated 17 working days and we'll contact you via email to confirm if you've been granted the extra year.

This is an estimated timescale based on current workflows. If you monitor your account for this updating. You can track the progress by following this video linked here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a4p4IP1lzo

Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
It takes an estimated 17 working days and we'll contact you via email to confirm if you've been granted the extra year.

This is an estimated timescale based on current workflows. If you monitor your account for this updating. You can track the progress by following this video linked here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a4p4IP1lzo

Thanks, Jason

I’ve uploaded it in the supporting evidence section for my application this year is that where I’m supposed to upload it?
I’ve uploaded it in the supporting evidence section for my application this year is that where I’m supposed to upload it?

Hi Rhianna,

Yes, that's the correct place, rest assured. Please check your account and e-mails for any updates.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 8
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Rhianna,

Yes, that's the correct place, rest assured. Please check your account and e-mails for any updates.

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme,

How long will it take for a response as I’m quite nervous and apprehensive and it’s causing me a lot of of anxiety having to wait
Hi Graeme,

How long will it take for a response as I’m quite nervous and apprehensive and it’s causing me a lot of of anxiety having to wait

We're currently processing evidence in 17 working days, however the timescales can change, so it's possible this can be done sooner.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 10
We're currently processing evidence in 17 working days, however the timescales can change, so it's possible this can be done sooner.

Thanks, Graeme

Great, also could you tell me if the course I want to study in September applies to the full time courses exempt for ELQ and previous study:

Primary education (two year accelerated degree) -BA Hons) UCAS code: X324

Thanks
Great, also could you tell me if the course I want to study in September applies to the full time courses exempt for ELQ and previous study:

Primary education (two year accelerated degree) -BA Hons) UCAS code: X324

Thanks

We can check this - what university is offering this course?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 12
We can check this - what university is offering this course?

Thanks, Graeme

London metropolitan university
London metropolitan university

Thank you, will you get Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) from this course?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 14
Thank you, will you get Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) from this course?

Thanks, Graeme

No I will be prepared to apply for it though
No I will be prepared to apply for it though

Hi Rhianna,

Based on what you have advised this wouldn't be classed as one of our exceptions courses.

Thanks,
Claire
Hi, just hopping on here as I am in a similar situation. I uploaded a letter to my account a few weeks ago however I haven’t got any confirmation that it has been received. Is this normal? Thanks!
Original post by kayleigh2606
Hi, just hopping on here as I am in a similar situation. I uploaded a letter to my account a few weeks ago however I haven’t got any confirmation that it has been received. Is this normal? Thanks!

Hi Kayleigh,

Can you confirm what the evidence was for? Do you have dependents?

Thanks,
Claire
Hi Claire,

Thanks for your response. This is to apply for an extra year of tuition funding as a result of personal ill health.

Thanks
Original post by kayleigh2606
Hi Claire,

Thanks for your response. This is to apply for an extra year of tuition funding as a result of personal ill health.

Thanks

Hi Kayleigh,

Do you have any child dependents on your application?

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending